• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another CGC frustration

127 posts in this topic

I bought this beauty with the intentions to re-sub because I thought it has a shot at a 9.2

The note states "R written on cover in pencil"

Photobucket

Once it was cracked out of the case, I realized it was graded fairly, maybe even over graded. Since I couldnt sell it raw claiming it to be a 9.0, I had to send it in to be re-graded.

I just got the grade today - 9.0 Appearent - Cover Trimmed

This is the 3rd time I sent in a Universal Label for regrading that came back PLOD! To me thats unacceptable. What if it would have been an AF 15?? I understand I'm taking a chance on dropping a grade when I send in a re-sub, but if its in a Blue label, I should be able to be confident that its not restored. This isnt PGX!

If Ive gotten 3 out of the few hundred books Ive sent in, how many PLOD books are sitting in Universal labels??

I'm sure there are more than a few, can you tell us the date it was originally graded with the old label?

I sent in the label with the book. And the scan I have is too blurry

Dang, çest la vie.

Don't forget there's also the possibility of it being tampered with by cracking the slab without breaking the post and switching labels.

I think this happened a lot more often than we wish to believe it did.

Don't forget there's also the possibility of it being tampered with by cracking the slab without breaking the post and switching labels.

But in this case the "R written on the cover" proves the book and Label match

Good call. I can't read the label.

I'd submit it again. What do you have to lose at this point?

That. And you're not the first to report this problem of sending in a Universal book and getting back a PLOD.

Good call. I can't read the label.

I'd submit it again. What do you have to lose at this point?

[font:Book Antiqua]More Money... [/font] :whistle:

Ewert book? hm

Quite possibly. :eek:

Here is information that Dav was kind enough to provide to me when I was inquiring about Ewert books. The spreadsheet is still out there:

Hey Seanfingh, your book is on the Ewert list. There's an Excel spreadsheet from 2005 that still online, put together by sterlingcomics.

If you punch your books serial (0098407002) into Google's search you'll see the link (just listed as "Info"). Left-click that "Info" and "save target as" to download and save the spreadsheet. (thumbs u

Anyway, I didn't post the link to it because I hope it stays up online. I don't know if any legal wranglings might get it yanked from public access. (shrug)

That. And you're not the first to report this problem of sending in a Universal book and getting back a PLOD.

So their ability to find trimming more accurately has improved. After the Ewert fiasco, I thought that was what everyone wanted. :(

So their ability to find trimming more accurately has improved. After the Ewert fiasco, I thought that was what everyone wanted. :(

Not when it screws up a CPR Bingo.

Can't be a Ewert book. Since CGC knew which books were suspect, having been submitted by Ewert, I'm sure they published a list somewhere, right?