• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ian, Where have you been???

128 posts in this topic

I have to admit that all this Ian-bashing is really getting to me. The point has been made that some of you don't like him. That's your perogative, of course, but now that he's gone and no longer torturing your souls by posting in his own threads, it feels like bullying for the sake of bullying. You achieved your goal: he left. Please consider stopping the gloating and insults. It isn't like he harmed any of you. He didn't sell you trimmed books, or rip you off on ebay. He didn't even hijak your threads to talk about his quest.

I'm not telling you what to think or say, I'm only asking that you consider some restraint.

-- Joanna

i agree with joanna that some restraint is would be nice. i like to visit and read stuff, but i'm also afrais that if you would say the things about ian that you are now, what would you say about me or anyone else here for that matter?

i don't understand all of you. you seem to enjoy running people off. sure, i have only been coming here for the last 6 months to read the forums and finally just registered 2 months ago because I needed to buy comics.

i have to say that in the time i have been here, you guys have ran off a lot of people and seem to enjoy the fact that you did so. not only that, you continue to bash them when they are no longer here to defend themselves. i believe one of the most popular sayings on the forums is "i'm outta here" and "don't let the door hit you".

If we're such heinous monsters, why, "don't let the door hit you."

I am tired of your rudeness, you miscreant! I am LEAVING. GOODBYE. 893frustrated.gif

You cads! You bounders!

You "don't want him around"-ers!

You Hooligans

You Fool agains

You "only the strongest rule" agains!

You--

Oops, sorry. Been writing another song. I think I'll stay out of this one, you malfeasant scoundrels.

I have to admit that all this Ian-bashing is really getting to me. The point has been made that some of you don't like him. That's your perogative, of course, but now that he's gone and no longer torturing your souls by posting in his own threads, it feels like bullying for the sake of bullying. You achieved your goal: he left. Please consider stopping the gloating and insults. It isn't like he harmed any of you. He didn't sell you trimmed books, or rip you off on ebay. He didn't even hijak your threads to talk about his quest.

I'm not telling you what to think or say, I'm only asking that you consider some restraint.

-- Joanna

i agree with joanna that some restraint is would be nice. i like to visit and read stuff, but i'm also afrais that if you would say the things about ian that you are now, what would you say about me or anyone else here for that matter?

i don't understand all of you. you seem to enjoy running people off. sure, i have only been coming here for the last 6 months to read the forums and finally just registered 2 months ago because I needed to buy comics.

i have to say that in the time i have been here, you guys have ran off a lot of people and seem to enjoy the fact that you did so. not only that, you continue to bash them when they are no longer here to defend themselves. i believe one of the most popular sayings on the forums is "i'm outta here" and "don't let the door hit you".

i simply made an observation.

i may be wrong, but if i remember correctly, there was a thread that you were the subject of a few weeks ago where members all piled on calling you names and such when they thought you were leaving--only to find out you were not leaving.

wasn't that you? i'm sure it was, either way it just goes towards my point anyway that this occurs rather frequently here.

-- Joanna

i simply made an observation.

i may be wrong, but if i remember correctly, there was a thread that you were the subject of a few weeks ago where members all piled on calling you names and such when they thought you were leaving--only to find out you were not leaving.

wasn't that you? i'm sure it was, either way it just goes towards my point anyway that this occurs rather frequently here.

If it was about him, everyone was kidding. No one who has been here for over a month would believe for a second that MajorKhaos would leave the boards. He might form a very cleverly disguised shill for a while maybe, but he wouldn't leave.

It's Forum Darwinism, "Survival of the Fittest & the thin-skinned Drama Queens hit the road where they are run over by mack trucks". 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

err, who's quote is that? Survival of the fittest definitely does not apply here. Only if 'fit' implies a fantastic ability to flame away and absorb absolutely nothing anyone else says then should you use such a term. And the think emoticon should definitely be dropped from the list of icons on this board. I propose a merit system whereby board admins award emoticons based on need only. So if you never think you would never need such an icon. I suppose the default icon set should be Rant,blahblah,and frustrated.

Can I be a Mack Truck now?? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

It's Forum Darwinism, "Survival of the Fittest & the thin-skinned Drama Queens hit the road where they are run over by mack trucks". 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

err, who's quote is that? Survival of the fittest definitely does not apply here. Only if 'fit' implies a fantastic ability to flame away and absorb absolutely nothing anyone else says then should you use such a term. And the think emoticon should definitely be dropped from the list of icons on this board. I propose a merit system whereby board admins award emoticons based on need only. So if you never think you would never need such an icon. I suppose the default icon set should be Rant,blahblah,and frustrated.

Can I be a Mack Truck now?? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif........................................................... sleeping.gif