• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ian, Where have you been???

128 posts in this topic

news.gif Word on the street is he managed to get the 2 missing Detectives, so now he only has 2 to go. He's also in the process of upgrading his collection. I heard that Matt Nelson recently viewed his fabulous collection in London & also Ian upgraded his Action # 1. news.gif

Do you have this on reliable source? If so, it's one of the things that pisses me off most about that little whiner.

All the person_without_enough_empathying about not being able to afford the final 4 at the prices they have been offered at, but then he can afford to upgrade Action #1 of all things?

I wish Ian were back, but only so I could rip him a new one...again. mad.gif

I said the STRUCTURE, not the definitions crazy.gif

If I said "Well what do you EXPECT!? I was talking to A blooming limey!", would THAT be better for you?

crazy.gif Yes

Wait - you mean you could not just slot the A in for yourself? I men, single letter of the lphbet cn cuse you tht much confusion? grin.gif

crazy.gif No

news.gif Word on the street is he managed to get the 2 missing Detectives, so now he only has 2 to go. He's also in the process of upgrading his collection. I heard that Matt Nelson recently viewed his fabulous collection in London & also Ian upgraded his Action # 1. news.gif

Do you have this on reliable source? If so, it's one of the things that pisses me off most about that little whiner.

All the person_without_enough_empathying about not being able to afford the final 4 at the prices they have been offered at, but then he can afford to upgrade Action #1 of all things?

893applaud-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

But if he got the two Detectives doesn't that mean he might have taken the plunge? Might it be the Heritage ones?

I have to admit that all this Ian-bashing is really getting to me. The point has been made that some of you don't like him. That's your perogative, of course, but now that he's gone and no longer torturing your souls by posting in his own threads, it feels like bullying for the sake of bullying. You achieved your goal: he left. Please consider stopping the gloating and insults. It isn't like he harmed any of you. He didn't sell you trimmed books, or rip you off on ebay. He didn't even hijak your threads to talk about his quest.

I'm not telling you what to think or say, I'm only asking that you consider some restraint.

-- Joanna

I have to admit that all this Ian-bashing is really getting to me. The point has been made that some of you don't like him. That's your perogative, of course, but now that he's gone and no longer torturing your souls by posting in his own threads, it feels like bullying for the sake of bullying. You achieved your goal: he left. Please consider stopping the gloating and insults. It isn't like he harmed any of you. He didn't sell you trimmed books, or rip you off on ebay. He didn't even hijak your threads to talk about his quest.

I'm not telling you what to think or say, I'm only asking that you consider some restraint.

-- Joanna

FYI i'm running a poll asking if Ian can come back its running at 75% yes not all of us are

bashers as i have tried very hard not to rip anyone here its all just comics and talk .

-- Joanna

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Some of the posts regarding Ian have done nothing but diminish those who submitted them , IMO , regardless of what Ian may or may not have done.

> Some of the posts regarding Ian have done nothing but diminish those who

> submitted them , IMO , regardless of what Ian may or may not have done.

Absolutely; the discussions about Ian have been sad and distorted. Ian is certainly eccentric, but he is by far the most interesting personality around here and I genuinely like him; so much so that I put considerable time into helping him report a fraudulent seller to the Danish police. Seeing how eagerly many people have jumped in laughing at and kicking him has distanced me from the boards and I've spent much less time here since he left. Every person who has said derogatory things about him has automatically made my "ignore user" list, and sadly it has grown quite long. For the record, Ian has made at least one friend here. I hope he will learn to ignore the noise and come back.

Joanna - - I got on Ians case a few times, but to say I and others should be happy now that he has left is not correct. I never wanted him to leave, angry or otherwise. I thought he was annoying, but would have much preferred him to tone down his act, and be less over-the-top "selfish" in all his transactions here.

I would welcome him back...hopefully as a changed man however. W;re all gonna stop posting here someday... but very few have stormed off in a huff!!! Im sure Ian feels he was chased off... but you know what? thats just another symptom of his "ME" disease, isnt it?

Joanna - - I got on Ians case a few times, but to say I and others should be happy now that he has left is not correct. I never wanted him to leave, angry or otherwise. I thought he was annoying, but would have much preferred him to tone down his act, and be less over-the-top "selfish" in all his transactions here.

I would welcome him back...hopefully as a changed man however. W;re all gonna stop posting here someday... but very few have stormed off in a huff!!! Im sure Ian feels he was chased off... but you know what? thats just another symptom of his "ME" disease, isnt it?

dude how did you double post at the same time??????

Ian sent me a thanks PM yesterday concenring my most recent post about him. I replied a bit ago, advising him to come back, and also advising him to take things with a laugh and also reminding him of how great the folks here can be and also advising him that, should he feel the need to depart, never make it permanent but keep it open-ended. (Well, my reply was pretty danged long but that was the gist of it).

I hope he takes all of my advice. It is intriguiing for me, anyway, to hear from someone who is trying to get every DC. He did talk to me avout the last completist and he feels no rancor. He just wants to complete his own. And in a surprising twist, he even specualtes he will not be able to get them all because of the premium type books.

But I say he should come back, take things with a laugh, stay thick-skinned, take things with a HUGE chunk of salt (would a cow lick Lot's wife?), creatively attack those who attack him and enjoy the process, and carry on!

Dag Freaking Nabbit!

Ian sent me a thanks PM yesterday concenring my most recent post about him. I replied a bit ago, advising him to come back, and also advising him to take things with a laugh and also reminding him of how great the folks here can be and also advising him that, should he feel the need to depart, never make it permanent but keep it open-ended. (Well, my reply was pretty danged long but that was the gist of it).

I hope he takes all of my advice. It is intriguiing for me, anyway, to hear from someone who is trying to get every DC. He did talk to me avout the last completist and he feels no rancor. He just wants to complete his own. And in a surprising twist, he even specualtes he will not be able to get them all because of the premium type books.

But I say he should come back, take things with a laugh, stay thick-skinned, take things with a HUGE chunk of salt (would a cow lick Lot's wife?), creatively attack those who attack him and enjoy the process, and carry on!

Dag Freaking Nabbit!

right on freaking a you are so right thumbsup2.gif

cheeeses POV!! after hearing you describe your convo and pep-talk with him, I can just imagine his pompous first I'M BAAAAACK post here!!

He can come back, or stay away. and guess what? the world will keep om spinningm, and these boards will just plow on fine with or without him.

lets not blow his part here all out of proportion!!!

Ian is Ian.

The only thing that matters to Ian is his desire to finish what he has started. Yes some of you may have had a positive experience in dealing with Ian in the past or even currently. That doesn't change who Ian is. I am not sure why there is such a outcry for him to return to the boards. When Ian was posting on the boards he contributed very little, other than relating some tidbit of his life.

Most of you want to see Ian complete his quest, which is great task indeed. Why though? It's not like he is the first or will be the last. Other than as fellow collectors admiring than another will be completing a difficult thing, his collection is no different than Greggy, Shiver, redhhook, etc. We don't continually post thread after thread of how many books we get or need.

Ian used this forum as a means to further his task, he cares nothing for the boards, the hobby, or the people in it. I fully believe that if he was on the boards and finished his collection, he would have stopped posting here anyway.

Let him stay off the boards and live his life without the constant badgering for who he is.

Good luck on your quest Ian. I do mean it, not joking either. Good luck. thumbsup2.gif

Ian is Ian.

The only thing that matters to Ian is his desire to finish what he has started. Yes some of you may have had a positive experience in dealing with Ian in the past or even currently. That doesn't change who Ian is. I am not sure why there is such a outcry for him to return to the boards. When Ian was posting on the boards he contributed very little, other than relating some tidbit of his life.

Most of you want to see Ian complete his quest, which is great task indeed. Why though? It's not like he is the first or will be the last. Other than as fellow collectors admiring than another will be completing a difficult thing, his collection is no different than Greggy, Shiver, redhhook, etc. We don't continually post thread after thread of how many books we get or need.

Ian used this forum as a means to further his task, he cares nothing for the boards, the hobby, or the people in it. I fully believe that if he was on the boards and finished his collection, he would have stopped posting here anyway.

Let him stay off the boards and live his life without the constant badgering for who he is.

Good luck on your quest Ian. I do mean it, not joking either. Good luck. thumbsup2.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Look: If ya wanna be mad at Ian for his dealings with Metro or the New York area dealer who sold to Metro instead of Ian, that's fine. But based solely on his behaviour on this message board (the only 1st-hand interaction I've had with the guy), I find him to be far from the most obnoxious poster here.

Still not sure why all the piling on. confused.gif

Can anyone point me to the direction of that post?

He can come back, or stay away. and guess what? the world will keep om spinningm, and these boards will just plow on fine with or without him.

Well, guess what? The same can be said of me. Or you. Or ANYONE else here. Can you name any individual who's leaving the boards would stop it from plowing on fine?

Well, guess what? The same can be said of me. Or you. Or ANYONE else here. Can you name any individual who's leaving the boards would stop it from plowing on fine?

Why you of course Pov,...it wouldn't be the same without you..... frown.gif...

Oh yeah, Aman. I feel comfortable enough to say that to you and not think I am going to be Ignored or made the victim ::boo hoo:: of sudden attacks by you. This is what I am trying to convey to him. It is how *I* feel. You can feel differently but danged if I will re-adjust my thinking to suit you, regardless of how compelling you are. tongue.gif