• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This Marvel Omnibus stuff...

29 posts in this topic

What's really sad is that there has never been a Dr. Strange omnibus.

Or Daredevil. I'd buy both.

What cover do you think they would they use for Dr Strange? Most of the ST covers were split with the Torch.

They should leave him off the cover and just slap a big picture of Paste Pot Pete on the cover!

What cover do you think they would they use for Dr Strange? Most of the ST covers were split with the Torch.

Since the early stories were just 10 pager ones, I think they could fit a long run of Strange Tales (just the Dr stories) and get up to the 146 issue where Strange started to get some nice solo cover love

lKlEs.jpg

hey if Secret Wars II can get an omnibus, any train wreck can get one..

All this and I still can't get an Uncanny X-Men omnibus for a good price!

I think the only Omnibuses to get 2nd printings was the Fantastic Four Volume 1 (first printed in 2005), and that was (in part) due to the first one being poorly constructed and not being uniform either in construction or design as all of the subsequent Omnibuses so they went back to the well with a second printing with Sewn binding and uniform layout...

and then the New X-men Omnibus (Morrison). I understood the first one since it didnt match the design/manufacturing... but to do New X-men before Uncanny was odd...

No 2nd print to the ASM #1 (though by the time that Omnibus came out they were printing more in their first runs anyway) even when the Spider-Man movie came out this year (I was sure they were going to reprint it, but instead the added the McFarlane omnibus and the Untold Tales Omnibus).

Im not holding my breath for any 2nd printing...

I think the only Omnibuses to get 2nd printings was the Fantastic Four Volume 1 (first printed in 2005), and that was (in part) due to the first one being poorly constructed and not being uniform either in construction or design as all of the subsequent Omnibuses so they went back to the well with a second printing with Sewn binding and uniform layout...

and then the New X-men Omnibus (Morrison). I understood the first one since it didnt match the design/manufacturing... but to do New X-men before Uncanny was odd...

No 2nd print to the ASM #1 (though by the time that Omnibus came out they were printing more in their first runs anyway) even when the Spider-Man movie came out this year (I was sure they were going to reprint it, but instead the added the McFarlane omnibus and the Untold Tales Omnibus).

I know this isn't exactly what you meant, but I heard that the Simonson Thor Omnibus went through three printings, all of them just to meet the demand on initial orders.

I know this isn't exactly what you meant, but I heard that the Simonson Thor Omnibus went through three printings, all of them just to meet the demand on initial orders.

Yeah I think they were surprised by the amount of interest in that Omnibus. Simonson (Walt and his wife) did a great job talking it up before it was available for preorder, talking about the re-coloring, talking about the amount of effort being put into it, so I think there was a lot of interest.

I'd go will Doc Strange #169. Classic and respectful. :headbang:

I'd go will Doc Strange #169. Classic and respectful. :headbang:

That would be good. Or Strange Tales #146 with a Dr. Strange logo.

:taptaptap:

Secret Wars II is awesome.