• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More on custom comic storage...

16 posts in this topic

Here's my completed (finally) custom comic storage unit. It is 2 separate pieces and made of 100% white pine (no, I did not build it). White pine is lightweight and mobile. Sanded and rounded very nicely. Note the gorgeous, thick, massive log legs and the natural grain, splits, and knots in the wood. No stain or varnish applied.

The top unit contains 6 separate bins and each bin holds 15 to 20 CGC graded books, depending on the type (SA, GA) and depth of the comic case. I allowed a tiny bit of space in each unit for the books to move left to right.

Positioned beside my work desk for easy access. Still a ways to go filling it. Donations welcome (expensive books only, please). lol

132395.jpg.66748d1e5f8777c9e9377e297bc467c5.jpg

132396.jpg.8a741a888b3fba7e1da50e720d61894b.jpg

132398.jpg.d4830f942f62a79953b659e52ec903a3.jpg

Seriously expensive books already residing in there. :) Looks great!

For keeping dust/excessive light out, what about some kind of dark cloth to throw over the top, when you aren't looking through the books?

Not very light in my office. Thought about a custom pine top, but passed. I like the openness and easy access-ness. (thumbs u

Yeah, dust and Husky hair is a problem (I have a gorgeous Husky dog). I vacuum-tube it often.