• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frankenstein, Alive! Alive! art for sale (Bernie Wrightson)

13 posts in this topic

The only pricing that I have is what Liz W told me in Dallas.

I was looking at the one DPS that they had brought and asked her about the cost. She said, "If we sell it, it will be in the 5 figures."

That's all I've got.

The page was astounding!

I recently acquired page 15 from the 1st FAA and love admiring this piece. I picked up my page directly from Bernie and Liz. As of a couple days ago, they had one page available on their CAF site, you can see it at this link:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=942152

I have ordered several pieces from Bernie and Liz now, and I can attest to Bernie packaging his art to withstand anything short of a bullet..

If you're interested, this is the link to my FAA page:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=993557

I'd love to have another one of these FAA's in my "Shrine to Wrightson" collection at CAF, but a person of my means can only reach for a "grail" every now and then.

But, over the last year I've managed to acquire a few small gems, a number of concept pieces (Dark Country, Galaxy Quest, The Cave, I am 4, Riding the Bullit), a small assortment of Trading Card Art pieces, and some odds and ends...

I think I've become a Wrightson fan-addict!!!

I sure wish my wallet was as deep as my appreciation for Bernie Wrightson's work... I don't know how many of you noticed or are interested, but Liz posted quite a few new pieces for sale yesterday, and a couple of teasers... Especially one very awesome FAA page...

One of these was a "Classic" Frankenstein image I'd never seen before, and a couple are from FAA 1 and FAA 2... She didn't give a commit, but she also stated in one of the posts, FAA 3 is nearly complete...

She also stated she would be reviving Bernie's WrightsonArt.com page in the coming weeks...

If you do go to the page and note "The Thing" piece which Bernie titled "You gotta be f@ck!ng kidding", you're too late... This was one of my favorite scenes/lines in the movie, so I jumped on this and a couple others!!!

For those who are interested, you can see Bernie's CAF page at the following link:

Bernie's CAF

And my modest but ever growing tribute to Wrightson here!

My CAF

Bernie's CAF page has just been populated with another round of FAA pages from #1 and #2. And they are doing 50% off any page in his CAF site that is listed over $1000 (according to both his Twitter and the header in his CAF site) .

So that pg 2-3 double-page splash reveal of the Frankenstein Monster in FAA #1 at $9000 is now only $4500. No idea how long Bernie and Liz intend to leave the sale intact..