• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You know she's a keeper when...

58 posts in this topic

Anybody in here actually have a girlfriend or spouse who is into comics as much as you are?

She's not into them as much as I am, but my girlfriend and her sister go to every con that I do. Each of them have around 1000 to 2000 comics apiece. Neither one of them started out as "high grade gals," but since they've watched me buy so much CGC stuff and heard me talk about grading, they've stopped buying VGs and mostly buy 6.0 to 8.0 books now. It's getting to the point where they won't settle for less than 7.0/7.5 anymore...

Anybody in here actually have a girlfriend or spouse who is into comics as much as you are?

She's not into them as much as I am, but my girlfriend and her sister go to every con that I do. Each of them have around 1000 to 2000 comics apiece. Neither one of them started out as "high grade gals," but since they've watched me buy so much CGC stuff and heard me talk about grading, they've stopped buying VGs and mostly buy 6.0 to 8.0 books now. It's getting to the point where they won't settle for less than 7.0/7.5 anymore...

So how long before your girlfriend decides to upgrade her boyfriend? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

stooges.gif

So how long before your girlfriend decides to upgrade her boyfriend? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893whatthe.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

Since we've been dating for almost a decade...I think if she was going to do it, she would've done it by now! blush.gif

893whatthe.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

Since we've been dating for almost a decade...I think if she was going to do it, she would've done it by now! blush.gif

Seriously??? When are you going to make her an honest woman?? wink.gif

Seriously??? When are you going to make her an honest woman?? wink.gif

Very soon. I've enjoyed being free to do whatever I want for almost a decade now (graduated from college in 1994), and I have a tough time giving that up, but it won't be much longer.

The forum will have to chip in and get you a nice CGGed collection of all the famous "wedding" covers... from Reed n' Sue to Brandy (Liberty Meadows)!

Why THANKS! But...to enjoy those CGG books, wouldn't I have to remove my head from CGC's arse? shocked.gifblush.gif

The forum will have to chip in and get you a nice CGGed collection of all the famous "wedding" covers... from Reed n' Sue to Brandy (Liberty Meadows)!

Why THANKS! But...to enjoy those CGG books, wouldn't I have to remove my head from CGC's arse? shocked.gifblush.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gifsign-funnypost.gifsign-funnypost.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif Truly, they will be the gift that keeps on giving! 893applaud-thumb.gif

She already accepts me going to play poker every week with my friends, watching baseball every night it's on tv (though she would rather go to the games ), watching football on Sundays that I'm off from work even though that might be the only day off we have together (I work in retail so I never get Saturday's with her), me having a subscription to Playboy (subscription her idea since it saved money over buying them every week) ... and oh so much more. She's the first girl that has ever accepted my sports "enthusiasm" and my comics Obsession.

Are you sure it's a woman you are talking about?? 893whatthe.giftongue.gif

You took the words right out of my mouth. Any girl who would let me get away with murder is someone I'd be keeping a close eye on. gossip.gif

I know all there is to know about the crying game

I've had my share of the crying game

Things will change after marriage. If you want this girl, sell the comics and stop Playboy. She will want you more. I would wonder if she is allowing all this for a big surprise down the road.

Things will change after marriage. If you want this girl, sell the comics and stop Playboy. She will want you more. I would wonder if she is allowing all this for a big surprise down the road.

I talked to her about it again today and she still insists that she would be happier (not okay with... happier with) just going to the JotP. She doesn't want the big wedding. She never has. As for the Playboy... she was the one that suggested it and she was going to pay for it, but I paid instead.

Man... I thought I had been burned in the past. You people are as bitter and pesimistic as they come. Not every girl is out there to destroy a man life you know. Some actually DO accept what their S.O. do.

Speaking from experience, if you ever go thru a divorce you will know bitterness.

That being said, I just kinda thought you were asking opinions.

I wish you nothing but a great marriage, no matter how you proceed with it.

p.s. I'll give you $500 cash for all your comics!

grin.gifgrin.gif

you might be just "learning the ropes", but you learn quickly grasshopper! grin.gif

I talked to her about it again today and she still insists that she would be happier (not okay with... happier with) just going to the JotP. She doesn't want the big wedding. She never has. As for the Playboy... she was the one that suggested it and she was going to pay for it, but I paid instead.

Man... I thought I had been burned in the past. You people are as bitter and pesimistic as they come. Not every girl is out there to destroy a man life you know. Some actually DO accept what their S.O. do.

not ALL of us are bitter&pesimistic i really belive you have found your soul-mate

be true to your self and to her and it will last as you both work at it ......hell man

SHE LIKES COMICS!!!!!!! thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

you might be just "learning the ropes", but you learn quickly grasshopper! grin.gif

so wise for one so young in the ways of the board (they grow-up so fast)

It's not that. It's going into the relationships thinking everything is peaches and cream. Don't base your attraction to your fiance based on the things she lets you do or she does with you. Those that are married can attest the things she accepts and does with you will change after marriage. My brother's wife would go fishing with him before they got married, but she does not now. It doesn't mean that is bad, but if my brother were counting on a fishing partner, they would have trouble. I am just saying down the road, it may change or she may have something she likes very much and you may not accept it. Apart from financial problems, one of the big problems in marriage is unrealistic expectations or unsaid expectations.

Your fiance seems to have a level head as she would like money put towards a house than a wedding. That is good. However, you mentioned her troubled past and I would be weary of getting into a situation in which she could be more inclined to get out of a bad situation than get into a good situation. One of the biggest mistakes men do is try to rescue women. I have seen it and experienced it. It does not work. As other have said, it is odd about some of the things she accepts. You may have the one in a million. Of course, everybody who gets married thinks that, but we still have a divorce rate over 50%. It would be red flag for me.

Those that are married can attest the things she accepts and does with you will change after marriage.

Before marriage, 3-somes with her friends were allowed... now that we're married, her friends are off-limits confused-smiley-013.gif

Those that are married can attest the things she accepts and does with you will change after marriage.

Before marriage, 3-somes with her friends were allowed... now that we're married, her friends are off-limits confused-smiley-013.gif

sign-funnypost.gifsign-funnypost.gifsign-funnypost.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif