• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heads up! Phony Wolverine 102.5 auction on eBay.

47 posts in this topic

I will guarantee they would rate it 9.8. Many graders don't feel comfortable enough rating a comic as high as 9.9 so they always tend to lean towards a 9.8 rating. In the end it would come down to the individual grader and whether or not you catch them in a good day.

And what kind of guarantee are we talking here? Shipping both ends, grading fees, etc.?

Phony???? Because I posted a sample picture and let people know it wasn't the actual product? Sorry to break it to you but a lot of ebayers put up stock pictures to sell products. As long as the item is as described no rules are broken.

Some of us just want to sell quickly and don't want to take the time to take pictures. Personally I don't own a camera. So It was easier for me to simply put up a generic product. But then after hearing you cry all morning I thought to myself, ohh wait I have a cell phone. So I uploaded pictures of my 102 wolvie comic which Ironically as you can see by the listing is in better shape than your one of a kind, I paid 13 bucs for some stranger to grade comic.

Just because you sent it out to grade doesn't make it one of a kind lol.

I do wonder about your life though, you browse ebay often enough to stumble by my listing by chance. Harass me because your copy means the whole world to you and then come on forums getting all dramatic calling my auction phony. When in fact I was honest with all my buyers.

Chill relax man, go outside. Comics aren't everything. Be happy dont rage go hug your mom or something.

maybe you're busy outside, hugging your mom all the time and that's why you don't realize how many scammers there are on ebay using fake pics for comics they don't own or aren't anywhere near the described condition. don't take it personally. people posting threads like this have been responsible for saving people time and money and getting fake auctions taken down. if you'd just put up an original pic to begin with, no one would have ever questioned it.

I will guarantee they would rate it 9.8. Many graders don't feel comfortable enough rating a comic as high as 9.9 so they always tend to lean towards a 9.8 rating. In the end it would come down to the individual grader and whether or not you catch them in a good day.

And what kind of guarantee are we talking here? Shipping both ends, grading fees, etc.?

I would be happy to guarantee you shipping costs on both ends and grading fees. The comic is gonna rate high. So regardless if it didn't hit (which I know it will) the 9.9 or 9.8 rating the value would still be in the 9+ and the value would increase. Seeing as I'm selling it cheap for 175. and I've seen them ungraded selling from 200-300 and graded from 9.2+ being sold for a lot more. I would be still making a profit from the return.

Not to mention I back my word 100%.

In reply to the other guy it is hard not to take offense if he calls my auction phony before contacting me and seeing people address a stranger they don't know as a "turd" behind my back is low. Then the same person has the balls to contact me and be a nice "fake" person is hypocritical.

seeing people address a stranger they don't know as a "turd" behind my back

Welcome to the boards? (shrug)

There should be a disclaimer that in your first week Brendan will call you a turd. He's a people person.

*Edit: it took some digging but I found mine lol

OP threads like these are why we all know you were not loved enough by your mother growing up and that she must have dropped you on your head a few times.

Quit trolling you turd. WD is gonna do nothing but get more popular this season, and if you thought this episode was horrible than might I recommend you quit watching. Maybe go and turn on TLC for some Honey Boo Boo, that seems to fit ya better.

I would be happy to guarantee you shipping costs on both ends and grading fees. The comic is gonna rate high. So regardless if it didn't hit (which I know it will) the 9.9 or 9.8 rating the value would still be in the 9+ and the value would increase. Seeing as I'm selling it cheap for 175. and I've seen them ungraded selling from 200-300 and graded from 9.2+ being sold for a lot more. I would be still making a profit from the return.

In reply to the other guy it is hard not to take offense if he calls my auction phony before contacting me and seeing people address a stranger they don't know as a "turd" behind my back is low. Then the same person has the balls to contact me and be a nice "fake" person is hypocritical.

Excellent, then we can have the money held in escrow while it's being graded. I'll escrow the price paid for the book, you escrow the shipping and grading fees (about $140). Send the book to me and I will submit it to CGC as a walkthrough. We will know the grade the day after CGC gets it. If it comes out 9.8+, you get both escrowed amounts and I get the book. If it comes out anything less, you get the graded book and I get both escrowed amounts.

Let me know if we have a deal and I will work out the escrow arrangements. I'm sure we could get a well known trustworthy boardie to do it with little or no escrow fees just for the entertainment value.

You seem like an awesome dude. And this sounds like an awesome opportunity to make a profit from the return.

Some of us just want to sell quickly and don't want to take the time to take pictures. Personally I don't own a camera. So It was easier for me to simply put up a generic product. But then after hearing you cry all morning I thought to myself, ohh wait I have a cell phone.

if you don't have a camera or cell phone, don't sell on ebay. stop using other people's pics. i always take the time to use my own pics, even if i don't want to. it's called being respectable, dummy

Some of us just want to sell quickly and don't want to take the time to take pictures. Personally I don't own a camera. So It was easier for me to simply put up a generic product. But then after hearing you cry all morning I thought to myself, ohh wait I have a cell phone.

if you don't have a camera or cell phone, don't sell on ebay. stop using other people's pics. i always take the time to use my own pics, even if i don't want to. it's called being respectable, dummy

He apparently does have a camera (cell camera, at least) as he did post a picture, after all the "crying". One nowhere near good enough to ascertain that 'gcg 9.8 or 9.9' grade, hence my questions. So, simply too lazy to be bothered until called out about image theft.

Maverick you are a turd for using a picture of a SPECIFIC COMIC that is owned by the OP. That is not a stock photo of any sort. You outright stole his image and posted it on your auction.

Do you need us to send you the direct link to eBay's T&Cs that outline that this isn't to be tolerated.

Would love to post your joke of a response that you sent me on eBay. Anyone who buys this be prepared for the headache of sending this back for a refund and fighting for return shipping.

Don't expect to get this sent into CGC and back quick enough to be within your 45 days on PayPal to get a refund.

Also Hado why don't you post all of your posts in that thread leading up to what I posted so folks can understand that I was actually going really easy on you. Sadly what needed to be really said about you would have given me a way longer timeout. I am a people person for those who know me, I just don't play well with those folks who lie or are beyond hope.

Brendan you judge blindly and insult a complete stranger. Seeing from your posts you are a regular forum juvenile junkie. People like you with no morals and no respect for people don't deserve my time. I'm 32 years old and all I did was post an auction within the rules. You emailing ebay is not gonna change anything. Because you have no power, you are merely some kid that enjoys insulting individuals without merit.

You give the people here a bad name with such behavior and frankly from what I've seen this is not a community I would be proud of being a part of.

I'm done replying to childish posts. I'm merely selling stuff on ebay with no ill intentions. I even rectified your so called "horrible behavior" that's condoned and practiced by millions of ebay retailers to show I'm a trustful seller just trying to get rid of comics. I'm no longer a teenager but a grown up, comics are mere paper to me.

"Would love to post your joke of a response that you sent me on eBay." Yes please do post something I'm sure you will probably type up yourself because you have shown me to be a person of no morals or standards.

Look at my 100% feedback, yes the lynch mobs of ebay are setting up camp in my back yard. Keep telling frabrications of how horrible this stranger who you never delt with is.

I'm done replying on these forums. I don't deal with children.

Oh my! Look what I started. doh!

Maverick0o0, thank you for taking down the original stock photo. That is more than I expected, but all I really wanted here.

The photo you posted shows a nice looking book. GLWTS. :foryou:

(thumbs u