• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heads up! Phony Wolverine 102.5 auction on eBay.

47 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I wanted to give people the heads up.

There is an auction that went up tonight on eBay for the Wolverine #102.5 special that is using a tiny stock photo of the CGC 9.6 SS book. Don't be fooled. There's only one on the Census, and I own it. (I paid a pretty penny for it a few months back). The description makes no claim to the book being graded, but the seller is trying to mislead potential buyers with the photo.

I've reported it to eBay and asked the seller to take down the picture. I know a bunch of us are looking for a nice high grade copy, so hopefully this post helps out and saves someone a mess of headaches. :wishluck:

From looking at his other sales and auctions it looks like he is either really dumb and lazy and just stole your picture to sell a legit book, or he has changed his MO to now include trying to scam.

I actually just sent him a polite message asking him if I can have pictures of the actual copy he is trying to sell. I will let ya know if he responds.

What does a copy of this even sell for these days?

I am still half asleep, about to make my trip up to Milwaukee to check stuff out for my job, but these didn't come normally signed or were released say via DF signed by this person were they?

From my understanding, there were two versions of this book. One came pre-signed by Boris Vallejo (graded, those would get green labels). The other came unsigned.

This issue is thinner than most and easily had bending in the spines. Alone it's hard to find in high grade. Only 1 is listed as a 9.8 on the census and 3 are at 9.6.

Plus, I've heard that Boris sigs are hard to come by for SS books.

I don't know what GPA sales show, but usually you can't pick this book up for less than $100 raw on eBay.

, I know Boris. I should have him sign a few :)

From my understanding, there were two versions of this book. One came pre-signed by Boris Vallejo (graded, those would get green labels). The other came unsigned.

This issue is thinner than most and easily had bending in the spines. Alone it's hard to find in high grade. Only 1 is listed as a 9.8 on the census and 3 are at 9.6.

Plus, I've heard that Boris sigs are hard to come by for SS books.

I don't know what GPA sales show, but usually you can't pick this book up for less than $100 raw on eBay.

Significant...

An awesome cover.

Completists need it for their Wolverine run and/or for a rare Deadpool appearance.

There is no such thing as a "rare" Deadpool appearance. :gossip:

By rare I meant - if you are collecting everything Deadpool (which I found a lot of information concerning Deadpool when I first started googling about this book) this is one of the hardest to find comics.

Yeah, Deadpool makes a lot of guest appearances.

I even saw that he killed the Marvel Universe.

I received this reply this morning from the seller on eBay after I kindly asked him to change his image.

"They are sample pictures I let all my buyers know. You don't own the rights to a comic image. Condition is as advertised mint."

Again, buyer beware. I find it very hard to believe that he owns a mint book. He's either delusional or a scam artist (or both).

I own the 9.4 triple SS (Boris, Julie and Dan).

I've often wondered if the owner of the 9.6 was on the boards.

Seanfingh owns the 9.2 SS.

(very small club for SS Wolverine 102.5)

I actually bought the book this year (or was it last year?) off of another member here, but from one of his eBay auctions.

I've often wondered about the other SS books that are on the census. I kind of feel like one of the cool kids in some secret club now. Your triple signature book is awesome! (worship)

Phony???? Because I posted a sample picture and let people know it wasn't the actual product? Sorry to break it to you but a lot of ebayers put up stock pictures to sell products. As long as the item is as described no rules are broken.

Some of us just want to sell quickly and don't want to take the time to take pictures. Personally I don't own a camera. So It was easier for me to simply put up a generic product. But then after hearing you cry all morning I thought to myself, ohh wait I have a cell phone. So I uploaded pictures of my 102 wolvie comic which Ironically as you can see by the listing is in better shape than your one of a kind, I paid 13 bucs for some stranger to grade comic.

Just because you sent it out to grade doesn't make it one of a kind lol.

I do wonder about your life though, you browse ebay often enough to stumble by my listing by chance. Harass me because your copy means the whole world to you and then come on forums getting all dramatic calling my auction phony. When in fact I was honest with all my buyers.

Chill relax man, go outside. Comics aren't everything. Be happy dont rage go hug your mom or something.