• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mycomicshop auction

81 posts in this topic

Bringing closure to the original question raised by this thread: today I spoke with our consignment director Matt Griffin and company owner Buddy Saunders about the way that X-Men #96 was scanned. Both were embarrassed and dumbfounded that one of our employees would scan a comic that way. Matt reviewed the book and sees some creasing that he thinks may have been added in the scanning process, knocking the book down from an 8.5 to 8.0.

I'm not aware of anything like this happening prior to this item. To make sure it does not happen again, our updated policy for product images is that if something on the splash page or interior of a comic requires an image, only digital camera images will be used so that the cover doesn't have to be opened far to obtain the image. Absolutely no flatbed scans for interiors. Matt has reviewed the improper handling of the X-Men #96 and our updated policy for scanning with the appropriate employees.

I've pulled the auction, contacted the consignor, and we'll be buying it from him at a price he is happy with. We'll resell it as an 8.0.

:applause: