• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mycomicshop auction

81 posts in this topic

My thoughts on MCS can be summed in the sentence "I think that Conan has an excellent future in the comic business".

Whatever shortcomings MCS has and I'm sure there are some, I've always got the impression that Conan is a very open and helpful person who will do his best as much as the framework of MCS will allow, to resolve genuine problems.

Ive had some conversations about their scanning methods with them before. Not about this type of thing, but I generally got the idea that they have a set of people who simply scan books all day long. I do not believe their graders scan the books, I think it's more like an assembly line.

IMO this was done by a person who lacks any real knowledge in comics. I'm sure they are given basic information, like " handle this stuff with care" and shown how to pick them up. However when someone like this gets an added scan order for an internal autograph, something like this is bound to happen.

Ive seen scans of interior auto's from Mycomicshop before with the cover wide open ( which I didn't like seeing either ) never folded under like this tho.

I never understood why ANYONE would open a book and scan it, instead of taking pictures of interior auto's. Scanning an open book should never be an option imo. I know it's an added business expense, but these are collectible comics..... Maybe do it only on interior auto's on books valued at over $50 or something. otherwise no pic/scan at all of the interior.

Mycomicshop is a large retailer and they handle millions of books. Stuff like this is going to happen. The thing that makes them special is that their customer service is wonderful, im sure this will be addressed, and fixed if brought to their attention.

unlike others....Got a problem with Chuck? Too f'in bad. amiright?

is that a joke?

There was no sarcasm at all on my end. No jokes.

It was addressed pretty fast, as I assumed it would be.

Look, everyone's experience might be a little different. Ive had things come up when buying from them before, and its always been taken care of. I have to admit Beth is pretty dry and straight forward, and can come off as rude. I felt a little put off after getting my first email from her. Like I was bothering her or something. But it got handled. Ive consigned with them before, and have had some things come up, and they have always taken care of me.

I'm not here being a cheerleader, just telling yall how I was treated. Simple facts. It's also been over a year since Ive had a problem with them.

My opinion and reccomendations , especially to this CGC croud....

I wouldnt buy stacks of NM $1-5 books from them expecting them all to be NM. Not from ANY high volume dealer.

Buy their Numerically graded books, books over $10 that have scans. I've realized buying " NM " $1-5 books from any Major dealer is a mistake.

Go with smaller sellers if you want NM $1-5 books.

Bringing closure to the original question raised by this thread: today I spoke with our consignment director Matt Griffin and company owner Buddy Saunders about the way that X-Men #96 was scanned. Both were embarrassed and dumbfounded that one of our employees would scan a comic that way. Matt reviewed the book and sees some creasing that he thinks may have been added in the scanning process, knocking the book down from an 8.5 to 8.0.

I'm not aware of anything like this happening prior to this item. To make sure it does not happen again, our updated policy for product images is that if something on the splash page or interior of a comic requires an image, only digital camera images will be used so that the cover doesn't have to be opened far to obtain the image. Absolutely no flatbed scans for interiors. Matt has reviewed the improper handling of the X-Men #96 and our updated policy for scanning with the appropriate employees.

I've pulled the auction, contacted the consignor, and we'll be buying it from him at a price he is happy with. We'll resell it as an 8.0.

Bringing closure to the original question raised by this thread: today I spoke with our consignment director Matt Griffin and company owner Buddy Saunders about the way that X-Men #96 was scanned. Both were embarrassed and dumbfounded that one of our employees would scan a comic that way. Matt reviewed the book and sees some creasing that he thinks may have been added in the scanning process, knocking the book down from an 8.5 to 8.0.

I'm not aware of anything like this happening prior to this item. To make sure it does not happen again, our updated policy for product images is that if something on the splash page or interior of a comic requires an image, only digital camera images will be used so that the cover doesn't have to be opened far to obtain the image. Absolutely no flatbed scans for interiors. Matt has reviewed the improper handling of the X-Men #96 and our updated policy for scanning with the appropriate employees.

I've pulled the auction, contacted the consignor, and we'll be buying it from him at a price he is happy with. We'll resell it as an 8.0.

Yeah but you have a .002% negative feedback. You clearly don't care about your customers.

I believe Jesus has a 100% positive feedback; it's something to strive for.

Also, thanks for continually being awesome. Your openness and ability to honestly discuss problems within a family owned business is commendable.

Popular to contrary belief, your perpetual participation and my personal experience is the reason I combat the typical pettiness of those who enjoy a good 'ol pile on.

:applause:

Also, thanks for continually being awesome. Your openness and ability to honestly discuss problems within a family owned business is commendable.

Couldn't agree more!

Always love participating and at times winning your auctions!

I really appreciate some of the feedback I've been getting, it's sweet... but as I posted in the other thread, I have absolutely no problem with Conan, I don't care that much about it, there are other places I can shop. If I were looking to buy moderns, maybe I would care, but I don't collect them.

I think that the fact I was banned by his father was kind of funny. I view it as a life experience.

Conan went way out of his way to write and talk to me...and I'm more than satisfied with that..

When Conan has his own shop I'll be happy to buy from him.

However, I am a little surprised that RMA used me as an example without discussing it with me first. I would have preferred not to have been used as an example without being given the chance to at least explain what happened, instead of being used in his thesis without my knowledge. I think it gives the wrong impression..

I would also have told RMA once again, that life is too short to hold grudges...especially over such a minor incident.

Yeah but you have a .002% negative feedback. You clearly don't care about your customers.

Popular to contrary belief, your perpetual participation and my personal experience is the reason I combat the typical pettiness of those who enjoy a good 'ol pile on.

smiley_nah.gif

F1CD02BB-BA97-4B94-868C-261C1B1CF2FE-138-0000008919C33BAC.jpg

smiley_nah.gif

Not in a million years.

A Happy and Healthy to you and the family. :foryou:

smiley_nah.gif

Not in a million years.

Just own it dude.

I really appreciate some of the feedback I've been getting, it's sweet... but as I posted in the other thread, I have absolutely no problem with Conan, I don't care that much about it, there are other places I can shop. If I were looking to buy moderns, maybe I would care, but I don't collect them.

I think that the fact I was banned by his father was kind of funny. I view it as a life experience.

Conan went way out of his way to write and talk to me...and I'm more than satisfied with that..

However, I am a little surprised that RMA used me as an example without discussing it with me first. I would have preferred not to have been used as an example without being given the chance to at least explain what happened, instead of being used in his thesis without my knowledge, I think it gives the wrong impression..

I would also have told RMA once again, that life is too short to hold grudges...especially over such a minor incident.

hm

smiley_nah.gif

Not in a million years.

Just own it dude.

We need Park for the trifecta.

I showed support for MCS as being clearly a stellar seller. Pointed out that the majority of the neg and neutral fb left for them in past 2 weeks from time of posting were from 2 people, with well over 10 k positives. Same pattern holds true if you go back full year, a handful of buyers have been responsible for the majority of neg fb for MCS. Suggested that we all as consumers look at not just a sellers fb, but at the people who may be carpet bombing a seller for reasons other than the actual transaction. I think that is a reasonable approach.

I was poked continually by a poster who sees my defense of MCS as someway, somehow a jab at him. My every post in thread regarding MCS and nothing else, had multiple responses directly to me. And they were the frustrating sort, showing such a misunderstanding or deliberate misinterpretation at my every post to fit his storyline. I was tempted to do the line by line breakdown, but to what end, to interrupt someone shadow boxing themselves? Sigh.

Not just in this thread but going back months I havent addressed poster at all, but am pecked at as if my support for my favorite buying + selling site, MCS, that has demonstrated awesome respect for customers, as well as being tight graders as multiple threads on this site attest to, and having a massive online offering with easy to use nav.

As this one poster continually miss my main points, maybe the opposite is true as well, as I see every sentence from this person as pure easily refuted. This is rare case (well, singular, I havent had issue like this with anyone else) where it would be best to accept there is a quirky disconnect that we just cannot effectively communicate with each other & just avoid.

smiley_nah.gif

Not in a million years.

Just own it dude.

We need Park for the trifecta.

I don't have an issue with you, but if you're going to say something, just say it. Don't beat around the bush with snarky comments that don't fool anyone who knows the history here. 2c

However, I am a little surprised that RMA used me as an example without discussing it with me first. I would have preferred not to have been used as an example without being given the chance to at least explain what happened, instead of being used in his thesis without my knowledge.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/public

:popcorn:

I think it gives the wrong impression..

smiley_nah.gif

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/perfect

Serious_Nod_Smiley_by_Mirz123.gif

ist2_6432129-hand-mirror.jpg

(thumbs u

However, I am a little surprised that RMA used me as an example without discussing it with me first. I would have preferred not to have been used as an example without being given the chance to at least explain what happened, instead of being used in his thesis without my knowledge.

Okay, if it's on Ebay, it's public.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=graysoncollectibles&ftab=AllFeedback

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=timdrake72&ftab=AllFeedback

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=graysoncollectibles&ftab=AllFeedback

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=timdrake72&ftab=AllFeedback