• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BOO CGC! You bummed me out!

70 posts in this topic

Call for the grading Notes. Then you will know what you missed.

Yes I agree with this, still wish they'd print em and send em out with the books so you could look at the notes and observe the defect.

You know this really pisses me off. If you can look up a book with the bar code info, why are the grading notes not avail on the same screen? Or make them avail to Society members or something. This issue and wait times are the 2 things that really get me fired up. 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gifsign-rantpost.gif

This is the kind of grader's notes I'd like to see accompanying each slabbed book from every grading company (loosely patterned after diamond grading certificates). Flaws drawn in red ink with handwritten notes, and restoration noted with purple ink with handwritten notes:

comictemplate.jpg

Those would be wonderful. thumbsup2.gif

But can you imagine what would happen to turnaround times if they do this?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Shouldn't take much extra time at all. The graders (or pre-graders) would just mark down flaws as they found them, just like they do when they enter grading notes. They could use abbreviations to save time.

All 7 appear to be graded correctly. Perhaps, you need to look in the mirror & learn how to grade. confused-smiley-013.gif

Ouch BOC being honest, and right I guess. It is true. Hard to take the first CGC Pill

sorry about your bad grading day. I got back a PLOD and a 6.5 and 7.0 among my first order. Take JC's advice, and use these examples to compare against any future submission. On the bright side, you didn't have to wait 4 months to find out the grades. Now go back to your raw collection and regrade appropriately. Don't forget to play the grading game we will be having shortly in the grading section. Practice makes perfect!!

Thats why I'm in!

thumbsup2.gif

Bill

All 7 appear to be graded correctly. Perhaps, you need to look in the mirror & learn how to grade. confused-smiley-013.gif

Ouch BOC being honest, and right I guess. It is true. Hard to take the first CGC Pill

I think I'm a pretty good grader. Do you want to fight about it? I'll beat you up! Both of you at the same time! Come on!!

SOK! BAF! BOOM!

(wdb23 gets a fat lip, black eye, and his PLOD Defenders #2 smashed in half over his head)

I think I'm a pretty good grader. Do you want to fight about it? I'll beat you up! Both of you at the same time! Come on!!

SOK! BAF! BOOM!

(wdb23 gets a fat lip, black eye, and his PLOD Defenders #2 smashed in half over his head)

27_laughing.gif