• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF #48 9.2

13 posts in this topic

Is it me or does E-Bay item number 2258100944 Look's really freakin' cheap with less than four hours left too goo?? Book looks very nice from the decent size scans. I would bid on it, but I have one, and dont have the extra money too buy and flip it.... The seller has all positive feedback, over 100.... hhmmmmmm

Someone is going too get one sweet book. Unless it goes up bigtime, there going too get one sweet deal too...

Is there something im not seeing, scam wise?? Look's like a legitimate seller. The book, if it is that one, is well graded... Im gonna watch it and see. I cant fathom it selling so cheap unless it is a scam or the like. It's pay the taxes on the new truck, or buy the book. Im gettin' the feeling im gonna try too get another book. He even list's the resto. done on the other book. Seems too be a honest seller. My wife is gonna kill me when she get's home...... If I get it that is..

Oooooh the FF 1 is restored.. boy, wouldn't want that to pop out at buyers.

Brian

Sue's work on that book looks good, but you can tell that it has been cleaned and pressed and that pieces were added along the right edge. I am guessing that it will either be a Moderate or Extensive (p) book, which means that it is close to full value right now. Quite a nice book for someone who doesn't mind resto, however, and the work was indisputably done by one of the best in the business.

The book sold for $711.54 If that book is as nice as it look's, it's one of the best buys on E-Bay this year. Truck taxes won out, or should I say the wife did..

It's hard to say. If the book grades out at 9.2, then it was a steal. If it grades out at 9.0, then it was a slight discount (it's about a $900 book if slabbed at 9.0, but you have to consider the grading fee plus shipping both ways). But if it grades out at 8.5 (which is possible) then the buyer overpaid. Still a nice book though.

And how about that raw FF#1 9.0 Moderate to Extensive (p) from the same seller that went for over $5,000? Gotta say that one surprised me! I thought it might hit $3,000 based on past sales a Slight Amateur (trimmed) copy for $3,060 a year ago. Guess not!

I still think it was a bit of a dubious auction (the FF 1). I almost missed the restoration twice. Seems to me if you're selling a restored book, you should make it a little more apparent than.. it's got the following defects and..

it's restored..

Brian

I still think it was a bit of a dubious auction (the FF 1). I almost missed the restoration twice. Seems to me if you're selling a restored book, you should make it a little more apparent than.. it's got the following defects and..

it's restored..

Brian

Yes, it was a little sneaky the way he worded it. I actually saw what I thought was piece fill and inpainting (the white area in top and upper right edge looks murky) before I read the description that said that Sue worked on the book.

The seller did state in the auction it had been restored. Fine print as it was. But it was still there for everyone too read. 100 + feedbacks, 100% I dont think he was out too dupe anyone. The FF#1 $$ threw me for a loop as well. The FF # 48 looks very nice. Posted here I would of given it a 9.2 maybe even a outside shot at 9.4

I wouldnt of minded having the 48. I just cant get myself too buy a restored book...