• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay rant #24601

9 posts in this topic

rantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrant

1. I dont besmirch anyone selling a CGC slab that is enroute from CGC.

2. But if you are going to pre-sell it and not pay for the scan service, could you have a pre-submission photo or scan in the auction so I know what Im bidding on beyond just the CGC grade? All 9.0s are not created equal....

3. And if you aren't going to have any photo/image of the book (pre or post grading) could you A) have an actual return policy (vs the standard "no return on CGC books") and B) not leave the buyer holding the bag on all shipping costs both ways?

If you are sooooooo desperate to sell that you cant wait the x number of days before the book arrives to snap a few photos so I can see wrap, centering and presentation on a book then you should be willing to bite the bullet on a possible return.

These are the auctions I just walk away from cause they reek of potential headache...

I'd link to the auction but whats the point? There are no pictures!

rantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrant

I don't buy anything that doesn't have big, beautiful front and back cover scans or photos.

No photos - I walk.

Stock photo - I walk.

Only front cover scan or photo - I walk.

Blurry slab scan - I walk.

Partial slab scan - I walk.

Small photos - I walk.

Or any combination of the above - I walk. For example, the ever popular small, partial, blurry, front side only slab scan.

You must get a lot of exercise.

:)

I really do.

I keep hoping that one day these sellers will wake up and realize they would get more sales, more bids and higher final prices if they would make it easier to see condition. Most of these guys aren't tying to hide anything, they're just clueless or lazy.

You must get a lot of exercise.

:)

I really do.

I keep hoping that one day these sellers will wake up and realize they would get more sales, more bids and higher final prices if they would make it easier to see condition. Most of these guys aren't tying to hide anything, they're just clueless or lazy.

And to which I sadly agree. :(

I don't buy anything that doesn't have big, beautiful front and back cover scans or photos.

No photos - I walk.

Stock photo - I walk.

Only front cover scan or photo - I walk.

Blurry slab scan - I walk.

Partial slab scan - I walk.

Small photos - I walk.

Or any combination of the above - I walk. For example, the ever popular small, partial, blurry, front side only slab scan.

That sure narrows down the number of auctions you will bid on.

If I see any of the above issues in an auction, I will message the seller to get a better photo. If he does not respond or says that is the best picture he can take, then I walk at that time. I would say it is very suspicious if someone is trying to sell something for the most money possible and refuses to provide a good photo or more information.