• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dropping like a Rock!!!

99 posts in this topic

Hulk 181 was found in quantity in NM in the Mile High 2 warehouse find. 893whatthe.giffrown.gif

Mind handing me a turnip from the truck you just fell off of?

It's already planted firmly in your [!@#%^&^]. Just reach around and pull it out of there, because it's stopping up all of the [!@#%^&^] inside of you, smartass.

flowerred.gif

Hulk 181 was found in quantity in NM in the Mile High 2 warehouse find. 893whatthe.giffrown.gif

Mind handing me a turnip from the truck you just fell off of?

It's already planted firmly in your [!@#%^&^]. Just reach around and pull it out of there, because it's stopping up all of the [!@#%^&^] inside of you, smartass.

flowerred.gif

popcorn.gif

IMHO the reason for the lower winning bids on the last 2 auctions of the 9.6s was the low feedbacks of the sellers (one seller's feedback is 15 and the other is 11, with no other big transanctions). If I'm a buyer I would think twice.

Back in 2002, a 9.4's price range was between $1,500-$1,700 and 9.6's price range was between $2,750-$3,000. I was thinking then that the prices would eventually go down.

The more than 240 high grade (9.4s and above) IMHO is too far of a small quantity ( 200,000 copies of this issue) for the hoarders. I would assume one hoarder may have at least 10, another maybe 7, another is 5. Majority of these highgrades maybe owned only by 50 hoarders. There are so many fans of Wolverine who would like to own one of these 9.4 or above including myself, so the demand for this book is still high. I wish the price would go down but the hoarders may not want to see that.

I wish the price would go down but the hoarders may not want to see that.

The key is patience, and now is possibly the worst time to go shopping for a Hulk 181 CGC 9.4 or higher.

And before anyone jumps on me for being negative, early on I stated that buying a Hulk 181 in CGC 9.6 might actually be viewed as a good investment. It was, but now's the time for profit-taking, not slapping more cash into an over-valued key that is going to continue to mushroom in the Census.

Well perhaps its because there is a HG one for sale every single day. Sorry but if I'm going to drop $5,000 one just one book that gives me lots of options. I'm probably going to go after a GA or SA book that has only a handful of HG copies in the registry not one that has 100. I think in general the market has been flooded with books over the last year and most peole are having to flip books so they can pick up other one's.

Please let's not turn this into another crash thread. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Please let's not turn this into another crash thread. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Not trying to instigate a crash thread....

....but if you can't speculate on a crash in this thread, based on the subject, what's the appropriate thread? confused-smiley-013.gif

Jim

NO CRASH IN JULY. acclaim.gif

I haven't finished my entire analysis yet (that I do monthly), but prices remained firm on Silver-Age and Bronze-Age key books.

What surprises me is that the late Silver-Age first issues (i.e. Iron-Man #1, Cap. #100, Hulk #102, etc.) continue to hold their value so well, with so many census numbers. I honestly just don't get it.

confused-smiley-013.gif

What surprises me is that the late Silver-Age first issues (i.e. Iron-Man #1, Cap. #100, Hulk #102, etc.) continue to hold their value so well, with so many census numbers. I honestly just don't get it.

Hoarders with deep pockets.

Once they decide to sell, watch out. tonofbricks.gif

I haven't finished my entire analysis yet (that I do monthly), but prices remained firm on Silver-Age and Bronze-Age key books.

confused-smiley-013.gif

But they dont sell for crazy multiples do they? Not like other books lately. So they remain popular first issues that dont require a second mortgage to purchase. In fact dont they sell for prety much the same as they did before CGC? Or am I talking out of my [!@#%^&^] again?

Books like Cap#100 are proving to have surprisingly strong legs. It seems that collectors just want this book and others like it.In Philly,this was one of the most requested boks and seemed to move in various grades. I don't understand it myself. I have a real nice 101 thru 192 run,missing only a few to be complete,yet my 100 is only a Fine. I can't see paying the big bucks that a 9.4 100 is bringing when there are so many out there,both slabbed and unslabbed.

confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm busy and don't want to waste time arguing about TGC, so let me just throw this little grenade and walk away: I don't think anyone said TGC would happen in a one-month period. I have always said that the magnitude of TGC will frightening, but that it will most likely NOT be like a stock market crash that occurs quickly. Instead, it will be a process where the market gets overextended, expectations between buyers and sellers get out of whack, a little air starts seeping out of the bubble, some people sell, some buyers come in on the dip, the market rebounds, but then rolls over again in a series of fits and starts. Meanwhile, liquidity dries up and people have a hard time even figuring out "where" the market is. By the time most people realize that something's wrong, we're probably 2 years into this process and only then do more people start hitting the panic button and it's probably even farther along the line until the final bottom is reached. What will make it even more confusing is that different sectors of the market (even sub-sectors of the market) may be in different parts of the cycle at any given point in time.

Again, by the time anyone realizes that something is wrong, it will be too late. It's like that scene from the movie "Swingers" (from memory, may not be exact):

"Is she looking at me yet?"

"No."

"How about now?"

"No."

"Now?

"Dude, she's not looking at you...oh wait, she just looked."

(Translation: "Has the market crashed yet?" "No." "How about now?" "No." "Now?" "Dude, the market's not going to crash...oh 893censored-thumb.gif, how did prices get this low???")

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NO CRASH IN JULY.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But they dont sell for crazy multiples do they? Not like other books lately. So they remain popular first issues that dont require a second mortgage to purchase. In fact dont they sell for prety much the same as they did before CGC? Or am I talking out of my [!@#%^&^] again?

Here's some facts (courtesy of GPAnalysis) all CGC 9.4.

Iron-Man #1

July 2002 average $682

July 2003 average 920

July 2004 average 1,055

This one sticks out!!!

NO CRASH IN JULY.

Here's some facts (courtesy of GPAnalysis) all CGC 9.4.

Iron-Man #1

July 2002 average $682

July 2003 average 920

July 2004 average 1,055

This one sticks out!!!

The most recent sale was mine. Crazy Brit buyer with a last minute snipe by someone else drove that price higher than it should! foreheadslap.gif

Gene,

You really need to lighten up a bit,bro. You are going to be ribbed incessently about the crash. Nothing you can do is going to prevent it,but trying to defend yourself each and every time isn't going to make it go away.Don't end up like old TR and think you need to defend even the most indefensible positions.

Gene,

You really need to lighten up a bit,bro. You are going to be ribbed incessently about the crash. Nothing you can do is going to prevent it,but trying to defend yourself each and every time isn't going to make it go away.Don't end up like old TR and think you need to defend even the most indefensible positions.

27_laughing.gif TR!!

Gene,

27_laughing.gif TR!!

confused-smiley-013.gif