• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dropping like a Rock!!!

99 posts in this topic

No problem. If you believe certain pundits who frequent these boards, you should be able to pick it up for cover price any day now.

According to some other (cough) *investors* on here, you should be able to buy that book, and have it put your kid through Harvard. 27_laughing.gif

as for the crash... Im sorry I actually used the word earlier, but, like Rumplestiltskin, it seems to still retain its magic powers of making the Genie appear every time!! And I thought you were still on vacay??

Who needs a magic word? All I have to do is post something and then you come running out like Pavlov's dog to throw some cheap shots my way. tongue.gif

actually, Gene, I started my post with an appreciation of your brevity and lack of the usual heavy hitting tone when this subject comes up. And then I started typing about my opinions on it (for like th e40th time!) so I erased all that and just commented on how simply saying the word crash brought you back after what appeared to be an extended absence.

changing genie to a capital G made me laugh so I left th epost at that.

I really didnt mean to throw a serious cheap shot across your bow because I didnt think your post warranted it.

flowerred.gif

These are the two extremes: so how many of us reallly think the future will be limited to one or the other?

Come on, I've NEVER stated that key issues will be "available for cover price" like some of the twit speculators on here. That's just their way of countering the "lower prices" argument, to state something so outlandish that even the alternative is preferable.

I've always said that you can take a look at the 2000 Overstreet if you want an idea on where prices will be when the chips are down. Hardly cover price, but those who paid 10X Guide for some POS commons are going to bleeding hard.

Come on, I've NEVER stated that key issues will be "available for cover price" like some of the twit speculators on here. That's just their way of countering the "lower prices" argument, to state something so outlandish that even the alternative is preferable.

This is a great point - I feel that many of my comments have been so dumbed-down and twisted by some people that the end result is something that bears little or no resemblance to what I actually said. 893frustrated.gif

Furthermore, I think some of these people must think you and I share one brain or something, because not only am I constantly being confronted with these misrepresentations of my own arguments, but I am also being constantly confronted with misrepresentations of *your* arguments! I agree with many of your posts and disagree with some, but in any case, it's truly sad and ridiculous that some people not only feel that it's OK to cavalierly change what has been said to suit their own aims, but also that they can't even attribute what they're arguing about to the correct source.

This is a great point - I feel that many of my comments have been so dumbed-down and twisted by some people that the end result is something that bears little or no resemblance to what I actually said. 893frustrated.gif

Furthermore, I think some of these people must think you and I share one brain or something, because not only am I constantly being confronted with these misrepresentations of my own arguments, but I am also being constantly confronted with misrepresentations of *your* arguments! I agree with many of your posts and disagree with some, but in any case, it's truly sad and ridiculous that some people not only feel that it's OK to cavalierly change what has been said to suit their own aims, but also that they can't even attribute what they're arguing about to the correct source.

So what you're saying is that you not ONLY hate Christmas, you hate the Baby Jesus, too?!?!?!? 893whatthe.gif AND you think "The Hulk" was the BEST MOVIE EVER MADE?!?!?!?

AND THAT QUANTUM THEORY MUST BE WRONG BECAUSE IT'S "TOO COMPLICATED"?!?!?!"

Oh man, you are totally off your rocker.

of course, I just reread your post and dolgonnit

if you yourself didnt describe your thoughts as "TOSSING A GRENADE"

nice.

grenade-1.jpg

Just a figure of speech, man. You can expect that this new more laid-back and less verbose Gene to be the norm going forward. Because, as I once told an ex-girlfriend, "I think we've said all there is to be said." 27_laughing.gif

there are so many NM Hulk 181's it is crazy. There are probably 1,500 - 2,000 in 9.6 waiting to be graded.

A good book to emphasize would be Tomb of Dracula # 10 or Amazing Spider-Man # 6