• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM X-Men #1

42 posts in this topic

Yeah, that's all the marvel chipping on the front right side there. I opened a discussion about it in the Grade / Restoration section, and there seems to be mixed thoughts on whether chipping should be factored into grading as it is widely considered a print defect. personally, I'm undecided on that topic and hence why I've posted the book for grading assistance.

Other blemishes to note is the slightly rusted lower staple and the crease on the back bottom right corner.

Yeah... I was surprised to see some of the higher grades at the top (no offense my friends). Don't get me wrong, it's an OUTSTANDING copy. Great eye appeal and highly desirable. I'm thinking 5.0 is the highest you will get (5.5 on a stretch).

Let us know when it comes back (yes, you should get it graded). It's a beaut! (thumbs u

Get it graded so we can see, I wasn't holding the chipping against it at this grade. If anything would hurt it, it would be the rusty staple but I wouldn't think it would be as low as 4.5. Guess we'll have to wait!

Yeah... I was surprised to see some of the higher grades at the top (no offense my friends). Don't get me wrong, it's an OUTSTANDING copy. Great eye appeal and highly desirable. I'm thinking 5.0 is the highest you will get (5.5 on a stretch).

Let us know when it comes back (yes, you should get it graded). It's a beaut! (thumbs u

Agreed on the 5.0

thanks guys...I'm going with a 5.0 but hoping for better :)

I haven't submitted to CGC for a very long time. If I do a express submission, when should I expect it back? The site says 5 days, is that accurate?

I just did an express, with thanksgiving it threw it off by a few extra days, 7-8 working days. So it should be close to 5. (thumbs u

edit: that's 5 days to grade, plus shipping home.

thanks guys...I'm going with a 5.0 but hoping for better :)

I haven't submitted to CGC for a very long time. If I do a express submission, when should I expect it back? The site says 5 days, is that accurate?

I just did an express, with thanksgiving it threw it off by a few extra days, 7-8 working days. So it should be close to 5. (thumbs u

edit: that's 5 days to grade, plus shipping home.

sweet. thanks for the info.