• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Your Top 3 Personal Comic Book/Original Art Acquisitions of 2012!

298 posts in this topic

wrightson01.jpg

Since I got yer #92 SS, when you gonna sell me this one? :baiting:

I'll let my kids know you're interested so they know who to contact when I die.

That book's going to my grave with me. Too much sentimental connection.

So, you feeling alright...? Had a check up lately...?

Just checking...

I picked up so many incredible books this year there's no way to pick my top three so I'm just gonna post a few of the highlights. In no particular order.

This is a piece I've always wanted, love Adams & love Krypto.

MidOhioConAdams.jpg

I was so happy to get this book I almost wet myself. Literally. You don't see Mexican editions this nice. For that matter you rarely see US editions of this book this nice.

HouseofSecrets81Mexico.jpg

I obtained this from board member Andy70, a great guy to deal with and without whom I wouldn't have this beautiful Australian Spidey #1. These Aussie books are tough in high grade, a hair larger than GA size and if you do find them they almost never have the posters intact. This one does.

AmazingSpiderMan1Australia.jpg

wrightson01.jpg

So, you feeling alright...? Had a check up lately...?

Just checking...

I'm sure I'll go before you do, so just be patient. :gossip:

As a collector I had myself a really awesome 2012...I picked up the rest of the Marvel keys on my list...out of them, these three are my favorites:

FantasticFour1CGC25OwW.jpg

IncredibleHulk1CGC25CrOw.jpg

AmazingFantasy15CGC15SSStanLeeOwW.jpg

I thought for sure that the X-Men 1 would be on your list of top books this year.

wrightson01.jpg

Isn't this one of your favourite books (and covers) that regrettably you had to sell, then managed to discover it again some time later hiding away in a box in a LCS? Can't let go of it again - perfectly understandable. :)

Yessir. (thumbs u

As a collector I had myself a really awesome 2012...I picked up the rest of the Marvel keys on my list...out of them, these three are my favorites:

FantasticFour1CGC25OwW.jpg

IncredibleHulk1CGC25CrOw.jpg

AmazingFantasy15CGC15SSStanLeeOwW.jpg

I thought for sure that the X-Men 1 would be on your list of top books this year.

That was a super tough one and its definitely the 4th on my list...these three were new books, the X1 was an awesome upgrade.

Thanks to a lot of good friends in this hobby I was able to add a ton of great SS books to my collection this year. Many great cast signed books, and rare signatures made their way into my hands thanks to the selfless work of some great people. I couldn't narrow that down to three if you gave me a week.

So I will post my top three from my first love: Original Comic Art.

A piece I commissioned Nick Runge to do. He created something far better than my imagination could come up with: Han Solo's Trophy Wall.

Han_Solo_wall-1.jpg

#2 Jim Cheung's Avenger's Initiative #1 wrap-around cover art. It's massive drawn on two full art boards joined together.

I held out a long time to get the right Cheung piece for my collection.

avengersinitiative1.jpg

#1 Frank Miller Daredevil #181 page #34.

I have looked at, and passed on, many Miller pieces. They are too expensive to pick them all up. So I waited until the one that was perfect for me popped up. MIller, DD, Bullseye, from the landmark #181 issue. This one felt right to me.

MillerDD181page34c.jpg

#2 Jim Cheung's Avenger's Initiative #1 wrap-around cover art. It's massive drawn on two full art boards joined together.

avengersinitiative1.jpg

This is awesome :applause:

avengersinitiative1.jpg

That is one awesome piece!

Thanks to a lot of good friends in this hobby I was able to add a ton of great SS books to my collection this year. Many great cast signed books, and rare signatures made their way into my hands thanks to the selfless work of some great people. I couldn't narrow that down to three if you gave me a week.

So I will post my top three from my first love: Original Comic Art.

A piece I commissioned Nick Runge to do. He created something far better than my imagination could come up with: Han Solo's Trophy Wall.

Han_Solo_wall-1.jpg

avengersinitiative1.jpg

#1 Frank Miller Daredevil #181 page #34.

I have looked at, and passed on, many Miller pieces. They are too expensive to pick them all up. So I waited until the one that was perfect for me popped up. MIller, DD, Bullseye, from the landmark #181 issue. This one felt right to me.

MillerDD181page34c.jpg

SWEET piece!!! All three, but especially the DD!