• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SOLD!! GREEN LANTERN #3 (1941) CGC 3.0 (Restored)

27 posts in this topic

I picked this book up from another boardie (Plady69) raw about 8-months ago.

Orginally thought I purchased an Unrestored Book, but it came back from CGC with slight color touch on the spine.

Tried sending it out to Matt at Classics Incorporated, but said not much he can do, to get it back to Unrestored Condition.

Classic Cover, but I would prefer an Unrestored Version:

How about $650.00 $600.00 ....One more price drop

SOLD !!!

GreenLantern330SA.jpg

Mike22:

In my defense, this book was bought on the boards from a well known boardie as an unrestored 3.0 before I sold it to you.

To save my rep, PM and we can work something out.

I have bought and sold many $ here and have many satisfied friends.

Gary

Mike22:

In my defense, this book was bought on the boards from a well known boardie as an unrestored 3.0 before I sold it to you.

To save my rep, PM and we can work something out.

I have bought and sold many $ here and have many satisfied friends.

Gary

burn-the-witch-burn-witch-kill-monty-python-demotivational.jpg

Hey All,

Think I need clarification on my post...Just so you know..Gary (Plady69) was awesome with the sale, worked with me on the PM offer,got it out to me quickly, an even checked up.

Due to my deployment to Afghanistan, I was not able to get the book out to CGC till I got back (about 6-months after it arrived)...I wanted to keep the book, even though it came back (Restored) from CGC. I sent it out to Matt at Classic Incorporated to see if he could get it back to an unrestored version. Matt recommended not much he could do and keep it as is.

I like this classic cover as much as I do my GL #1 (1941)...I would like to eventually get a hold of an unrestored copy.

In no way am I am trying to dig into Gary's rep on the boards...I was just giving background on the book and where it came from and tried to let people know about the book if they wanted to purchase it

I would still buy from Gary in a heart-beat...

Hope that helps with the initial post

I'm sure "near" everyone on the boards has missed restoration before. :foryou:

I personally would get the full Monty restoration on that copy since it will always b purple per Matt.

Cool book. Classic cover etc and I'd buy it if I had a pile of cash sitting here.

With that said,

Burn the witch :sumo:

:lol:

Love a good witch hunt

I'm also sure we have all missed something one time or another, too...including the "experts"...But, I think it's lovely as is, small amount of color touch is no big deal at all, it's not pieces added, color reglossed, or any of the big stuff.

I'd just take it out of the holder and enjoy it. Or leave it IN the holder and enjoy it. Spending hundreds to restore it...not my idea of great value for this book, I'd rather spend it on a second book with "slight" color touch.

Could have been some kid with a marker, 65 years ago, it sure wasn't done to "enhance the grade;)

Think of it as a piece of history, with character.:)