• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just wondering..

22 posts in this topic

I do, kind of, but instead of buying Tecs and Actions, I dream about Chavo del Ocho and Chapulin Colorado low numbers. I dream of stashing them in my grandma's basement within the walls, and suddenly waking up in the now and kindly breaking the wall open...

and yes, I too dream of it a lot......

but since selling the time machine and not being able to use it, there seems to have been a tragedy every time I made it back. The first time, I was told about the flood of 82, "that completely messed up the basement." The second time, I was told about "the fire that destroyed Tia Lola's room and caved into the basement." The third time, Uncle Richard won a sweepstake's and "remodeled the house from the floor up." The last time, I just read the comics and threw them in the back of my cousin Benito's Rambler....he junked it in the backyard and somehow one comic survived..my prized posession , that's when I decided to sell the 1974 El Dorado Time Machine

...does anyone else daydream about being in the past and walking into a news agents with minty piles of Actions and Tecs.

I do it a lot. Probably too much.

Not really, as I tend not to daydream in general. I have seen actual night dreams of me buying loads of old & rare comic books, but it usually involves me having won the lotto jackpot first. :grin:

An even more frequent dream I have, is walking in a comic store and finding dozens of wonderful, beautifully-drawn, exciting comic books that actually do not exist in real life. I've seen that dream dozens of times. :cloud9:

...does anyone else daydream about being in the past and walking into a news agents with minty piles of Actions and Tecs.

You mean the fantasy of being a kid back then?

Or the fantasy of going back in time as an adult?

You mean the fantasy of being a kid back then?

Or the fantasy of going back in time as an adult?

Hmm I have never really thought about that. I guess as an adult from the future as I have foreknowledge of their worth in the dream.

It is a little bit droll that I should want only to buy comic books if I had the ability to time travel, but I lack the will to power so I think I would be content with that.

Hmm I have never really thought about that. I guess as an adult from the future as I have foreknowledge of their worth in the dream.

Yeah, I've had that daydream myself. I'd also like to be able to walk into a department store, the kind that were around 40+ years ago and wander the toy department. :cloud9: