• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oakland Collection?

23 posts in this topic

Is this a pedigree and if so, how does CGC certify it for the label? confused-smiley-013.gif

The reason I'm asking is I just received a number of comics from the collection but other than a notation on the bag, there is no certificate a'la Mile High 2, etc.....

What's to stop me from putting another comic in the mylar? Other than my impeccible integrity of course! thumbsup2.gif

Jim

Is this a pedigree and if so, how does CGC certify it for the label? confused-smiley-013.gif

The reason I'm asking is I just received a number of comics from the collection but other than a notation on the bag, there is no certificate a'la Mile High 2, etc.....

What's to stop me from putting another comic in the mylar? Other than my impeccible integrity of course! thumbsup2.gif

Jim

CGC takes the bag's word as the law! tongue.gif

Jim

Where are my SD Con books!?!? mad.gif

Oakland is recognized as a pedigree by CGC. So if you want to get them slabbed, the best thing to do would be to ask the dealer for a receipt that documents their provenance. If they came from another individual, though, then this might be a little more tough to track down and prove to the satisfaction of CGC.

Hope this helps,

-Jim

Oakland is recognized as a pedigree by CGC. So if you want to get them slabbed, the best thing to do would be to ask the dealer for a receipt that documents their provenance. If they came from another individual, though, then this might be a little more tough to track down and prove to the satisfaction of CGC.

Hope this helps,

-Jim

Yes it's best if you can trace the ownership and say who you got them from. If it's a big dealer there probably shouldn't be a problem.

Jim

I lost your list and you didn't answer with my new list. I did buy a nice Super DC Giant S-20 though...but it has a FC nutsac crease! tonofbricks.gif

Jim

I lost your list and you didn't answer with my new list. I did buy a nice Super DC Giant S-20 though...but it has a FC nutsac crease! tonofbricks.gif

How many lists does one need to send you before you stop losing them!! 893frustrated.gif

Ok, should I send you the $20 for your old copy now, or just subtract it from your balance? 27_laughing.gif

Jim

How many lists does one need to send you before you stop losing them!! 893frustrated.gif

Ok, should I send you the $20 for your old copy now, or just subtract it from your balance? 27_laughing.gif

mad.gif You aren't getting either copy yet! tongue.gif

How many lists does one need to send you before you stop losing them!!

That's a question I ask myself daily. confused-smiley-013.gif

sorry.gif but my Marvels suck! tongue.gif

That's a question I ask myself daily. confused-smiley-013.gif
sorry.gif but my Marvels suck! tongue.gif

I seem to remember sending you 3 DC runs I was looking for. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused.gif

The Adventure run that I was willing to give up was too low grade so confused-smiley-013.gif

Don't recall the other runs though.

The Adventure run that I was willing to give up was too low grade so confused-smiley-013.gif

Supergirl and basically any 20-cent JLA in VF you wanted to give away. grin.gif

And that Lady Cop issue as well, just for kitsch value.

Supergirl and basically any 20-cent JLA in VF you wanted to give away. grin.gif

And that Lady Cop issue as well, just for kitsch value.

Maybe the giving away part is the barrier for me to look them up. I have plenty of Lady Cops so 893scratchchin-thumb.gif