• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

There will never be a 9.8... Copper style.

58 posts in this topic

Perhaps GiJoe #63 in 3rd print So Much Fun variant
If there were to be ANY SMF books in 9.8, it would be a total fluke. Pure luck. I just can't see it. They were viewed as an afterthought. Garbage reprints. Funny how irony works. Now, these 3rd, 4th 5th etc. reprints fetch the big bucks, while a lot of the first prints are dollar dumpster material.

Scratch this one off the list. Although it wasn't like anyone cared. This is the first slabbed copy. :whee:

photo_zps9d1d7578.jpg

Nice. I remember buying 5 of these in '89, thinking I found a gold mine. Then I discovered Omega, and realized I'd been had.

Scratch this one off the list. Although it wasn't like anyone cared. This is the first slabbed copy. :whee:

photo_zps9d1d7578.jpg

welcome back dork

photo_zps9d1d7578.jpg

Nice. I remember buying 5 of these in '89, thinking I found a gold mine. Then I discovered Omega, and realized I'd been had.

Weren't the vast majority (and maybe all) of the Omega books signed and numbered? Those are Green only!

It's been very difficult to find issues if Faust 1-9 in 9.8. Once in a while one will pop up on eBay for a sizable fee. But even finding candidates for anywhere near that range is tough.

TADAAAAAAA!!!!!!! My Faust 1-9 are all 9.4 except this gem.

th_bfaust6a.gif

But the SMF variants were sold in pre-packs, right? So we're betting that no sealed packs still exist?

When I first got into collecting (1988-'89) I bought a 3-pack from my local Acme grocery store. It had the ASM 292, Batman 401 and Superman 161.

And exactly--I looked at them and longed for the days I could afford the first prints.

It's a pre-Faust Tim Vigil Book.

:applause: my skills are not as bad as I thought. My first impression was "that looks like Vigil art" but I couldn't see the name and I've never gotten an SS from him. Nicely done!

gijoev01_063SoMuchFunvariant.jpg

I believe there were only 5000 printed. There are no crappy copies anywhere let alone in high grade. I think there is a sole 9.2 on the census. I sent mine in to get slabbed but can't imagine it getting more than a 7...

+A+Real+American+Hero&publisher=Marvel+Comics&issue=63&year=1987&issuedate=9%2F87'>Two 9.2s.

I believe there were only 5000 printed. There are no crappy copies anywhere let alone in high grade. I think there is a sole 9.2 on the census. I sent mine in to get slabbed but can't imagine it getting more than a 7...

+A+Real+American+Hero&publisher=Marvel+Comics&issue=63&year=1987&issuedate=9%2F87'>Two 9.2s.

The 9.2 SS copy used to be mine. It had a dog eared corner.

The 9.2 SS copy used to be mine. It had a dog eared corner.

You know I have one of these in my collection that I feel is better than a 9.2... I need to get it in to be graded (if only I knew someone to give it a good press before it went in...)