• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay/PP Limitation for Filing Complaint

6 posts in this topic

Stupid/quick question for the eBay gurus.

Paid for a book and within a week it would've been a month that the auction ended (I think I paid within a week of auction end).

What is the timeout to complain about having no product and when does the time start (date of payment or auction end) and to which organization do I complain?

Supposedly there's a tracking number for me but this is to prepare me in case he decided to send it MM (I paid Priority rates).

Thanks.

Stupid/quick question from the eBay gurus.

Paid for a book and within a week it would've been a month that the auction ended (I think I paid within a week of auction end).

What is the timeout to complain about having no product and when does the time start (date of payment or auction end) and to which organization do I complain?

Supposedly there's a tracking number for me but this is to prepare me in case he decided to send it MM (I paid Priority rates).

Thanks.

Paypal:

13.2 Eligibility Requirements.

a. To be eligible for PayPal Purchase Protection you must meet all of the following requirements:

Pay for the eligible item from your Account.

Pay for the full amount of the item with one payment. Items purchased with multiple payments – like a deposit followed by a final payment – are not eligible.

Send the payment to the Seller through:

the eBay “Pay Now” button or the eBay invoice; or

the “Send Money” button of your Account by selecting “eBay Item” and entering your eBay User ID and the eBay item number for purchases on eBay website; or

the Send Money tab on the PayPal website, by clicking the “Purchase” tab, or by selecting the “Checkout with PayPal” button or otherwise selecting PayPal as part of a Seller’s checkout flow.

Open a Dispute within 45 Days of the date you sent the payment, then follow the online dispute resolution process described below under Dispute Resolution. For Pay After Delivery transactions you must open your Dispute within 45 Days of the date of your transaction. For PayPal Grace Period transactions, you must open your Dispute within 60 Days of receiving your email transaction statement.

Have an Account in good standing.

b. For items purchased on eBay look for either a PayPal or eBay purchase or buyer protection message in the eBay listing. If you see a message and you meet the eligibility requirements, then your purchase is covered by PayPal Purchase Protection. The purchase or buyer protection message will vary based on the eBay website. The message must appear on the top part of the listing and not under the “Description” or “Shipping and Payments” tabs. If the listing does not include the purchase or buyer protection message, then it is not eligible for PayPal Purchase Protection.

c. Items which you collect in person or arrange to be collected on your behalf are only eligible for Purchase Protection if you use PayPal Grace Period when making your purchase. All items purchased using PayPal Grace Period are also subject to the Billing Rights Notice you received when you signed up for PayPal Grace Period. You can find this notice in your monthly PayPal Grace Period statement.

More Paypal Goodness:

13.4 Coverage Amount. If you are eligible for PayPal Purchase Protection and PayPal finds in your favor on your Claim, PayPal will reimburse you for the full purchase price of the item and original shipping costs – with no cap on coverage.

PayPal will not reimburse you for the return shipping costs that you incur to return a Significantly Not As Described item to the Seller or other party specified by PayPal. If the Seller presents evidence that they delivered the goods to your address, PayPal may find in favor of the Seller for an Item Not Received claim even if you did not receive the goods.

13.5 Dispute Resolution. If you are unable to resolve a problem directly with a Seller, you can go to the Resolution Center and follow this process:

Open a Dispute. Open a Dispute within 45 Days of the date you made the payment (or the date of the transaction if using Pay After Delivery) for the item you would like to dispute to negotiate with the Seller for resolution of the Dispute. For PayPal Grace Period transactions only, open the Dispute within 60 Days after you receive your PayPal Grace Period email transaction statement. We will place a hold on all funds related to the transaction in the Seller's Account until the Dispute is resolved or closed.

Escalate the Dispute to a Claim. If you and the Seller are unable to come to an agreement, you can escalate the Dispute to a Claim within 20 Days after opening the Dispute. For PayPal Grace Period transactions we will automatically escalate your Dispute to a Claim.

You must wait at least 7 Days from the date of payment to escalate a Dispute for an Item Not Received (INR), unless the Dispute is for the equivalent of $2,500 U.S. Dollars or more (or currency equivalent). If you do not escalate the Dispute to a Claim within 20 Days, PayPal will close the Dispute.

Respond to PayPal’s requests for information in a timely manner. During the Claim process, PayPal may require you to provide documentation to support your position. You may be asked to provide receipts, third party evaluations, police reports, or anything else that PayPal specifies.

Comply with PayPal’s shipping requests in a timely manner. For Significantly Not as Described (SNAD) Claims, PayPal may require you, at your expense, to ship the item back to the Seller, PayPal, or a third party and to provide proof of delivery.

For transactions that total less than $250, proof of delivery is confirmation that can be viewed online and includes the delivery address showing at least city/state or zip, delivery date, and the URL to the shipping company’s website if you've selected “Other” in the shipping drop down menu. For transactions that total $250 or more, you must get signature confirmation of delivery.

Claim Resolution Process. Once a Dispute has been escalated to a Claim, PayPal will make a final decision in favor of the buyer or the Seller. You may be asked to provide receipts, third party evaluations, police reports, or anything else that PayPal specifies. PayPal retains full discretion to make a final decision in favor of the buyer or the Seller based on any criteria PayPal deems appropriate. In the event that PayPal makes a final decision in favor of the buyer or Seller, each party must comply with PayPal’s decision. PayPal will generally require the buyer to ship an item that the buyer claims is SNAD back to the Seller (at the buyer’s expense), and PayPal will generally require a Seller to accept the item back and refund the buyer the full purchase price plus original shipping costs. In the event a Seller loses a Claim, the Seller will not receive a refund on his or her PayPal or eBay fees associated with the transaction. If you lose a SNAD Claim because the item you sold is counterfeit, you will be required to provide a full refund to the buyer and you will not receive the item back (it will be destroyed).

If it has been more than a few weeks and the seller isn't responding to any messages to you than you need to open up a PP case ASAP.

You mention a tracking #, did the seller give you this info? If not then it is time to just open a case against him. No excuse to not give the tracking # to a buyer unless there really isn't a tracking #.

Aces, thanks for the info!

Yeah, the seller is communicating, gave me reasons for the delay; my concern is that he directly contradicted himself on shipping date. I waited a week and no tracking number was posted, and he said it would show up next day---and it did---but no transit information didn't show up until he delivered it to the USPS which was almost yet ANOTHER week later.

I've never had to wait close to 30 days for my books...I believe I'll get my stuff...and in looking at his feedback it looks like he takes his sweet time in getting to the post office. I wanted to make sure it wasn't 30 days cause that means next week or bust.