• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boston Comic-Con April 20-21, 2013, Boston MA

206 posts in this topic

Let me know if this has been posted & I'll remove it.

Secial Guests include;

Sergio Aragones

Soon after he moved from Mexico to the United States in 1962, Sergio Aragones, the "World's Fastest Cartoonist" started contributing to MAD with his special brand of non-verbal gags, which often appeared in the margins of the magazine. He quickly became one of MAD's featured artists and his work has appeared in almost every issue. He also created several books and co-created the humorous magazine Plop for DC Comics. During the early 1980s he created Groo the Wanderer with Mark Evanier.

Mark Bagley

Mark Bagley broke into comics through the Marvel Try-Out Book contest, beating out thousands of other artists to earn a position in Marvel Comics. His highly acclaimed runs on Amazing Spider-Man and Ultimate Spider-Man give Bagley the distinction of having one of the longest associations with the friendly neighborhood wall-crawler. He also has drawn several other titles for Marvel including New Warriors, Thunderbolts, and Avengers Assemble. Currently he is working on the relaunch of Fantastic Four.

Eric Basaldua

Eric Basaldua broke into comics in 2000 working for Top Cow Productions with founder Marc Silvestri. He has drawn many fan favorite titles including Hunter-Killer, Tomb Raider, The Darkness, Witchblade, and Grimm Fairy Tales. Most recently his sexy women have graced covers for Image, Marvel, Zenescope, and more.

Nick Bradshaw

Nick Bradshaw is a comic star on the rise with penciling credits for titles including Army of Darkness, Danger Girl, Astonishing X-Men, and most recently a much beloved run on Wolverine and the X-Men.

Mark Brooks

Mark Brooks has drawn dozens of titles, including Amazing Spider-Man, Ultimate Fantastic Four, New X-Men, and Cable/Deadpool. He also co-created the new Latina Spider-Girl character, Arana. Clients include DC Comics/DC Licensing, Dark Horse Comics, Capcom USA, Upper Deck, Devil's Due Publishing, Gentle Giant Studios, and Hasbro Toys.

Mike Choi

Mike Choi is a comic book artist known for his work on books such as Witchblade, X-23, Uncanny X-Men, and X-Force. He has worked for Top Cow, Marvel, and DC Comics producing covers for many top selling titles, including Dark Avengers, Cloak and Dagger, Dark Wolverine, Green Lantern, Vampirella, Cyberforce / Hunter-Killer, and War of Kings.

Amanda Conner

Amanda Conner began her career as the artist of titles for Marvel Comics titles Barbie, Gargoyles, and Excalibur. She then moved to Harris Comics hit series Vampirella, and began gaining wide recognition for her fun, sexy style or drawing. Working with Jimmy Palmiotti, she created series Painkiller Jane and The Pro. Most recently her work has been with DC Comics on titles including Birds of Prey, Wednesday Comics, Power Girl, and the Before Watchmen series Silk Spectre.

Tony Daniel

Tony Daniel is a writer and artist who has left an indelible mark on Batman with his runs on the mini-series R.I.P. and Battle for the Cowl, in addition to working on Detective Comics. Prior to his DC work Daniel was well-known for drawing X-Force for Marvel Comics and Spawn for Image.

Colleen Doran

Colleen Doran is the prolific illustrator and writer of many titles including Amazing Spider-Man, Teen Titans, Captain America, Wonder Woman, The Legion of Superheroes, and Sandman. She works also on creator-owned titles including A Distant Soil, Orbiter, Mangaman, and most recently, Gone to Amerikay.

Joseph Michael Linsner

Joseph Michael Linsner is the creator of Dawn, a modern retelling of ancient pagan mythology. Joe has also co-created Dark Ivory and created blue-haird demoness Sinful Suzi. He also done work for Conan, Wolverine / Black Cat, Red Sonja, and Vampirella.

David Mack

David Mack is the creator, author and artist of Kabuki, which is published by Image Comics. He has done a lot of work for Marvel Comics on titles including Alias, White Tiger, New Avengers, and Daredevil. He is currently co-writing Daredevil: End of Days.

Ed McGuinness

Ed McGuinness is a Massachusetts native who broke into comic books with his a wildly popular run on Deadpool. Since then he's worked on some of the most iconic characters including Superman / Batman, Thundercats, and Incredible Hulk. His latest project is Nova for the Marvel NOW relaunch.

Mike Mignola

Mike Mignola is the creator of Hellboy, one of the most popular indie characters in comics. With two feature films, animated videos, toys, spinoff series, and more, Hellboy is an international sensation. Mike has also done feature film work on Bram Stoker's Dracula, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, and The Hobbit.

Steve Niles

Steve Niles is a writer of comics, novels and films. Best known for works such as 30 Days of Night, Criminal Macabre, Simon Dark, Mystery Society, and Batman: Gotham County Line, he is credited among other contemporary writers as bringing horror comics back to prominence. His currently working on Frankenstein: Alive! Alive! with Bernie Wrightson.

Dustin Nguyen

Dustin Nguyen is a comic book artist who has worked for DC Comics and Wildstorm since 2000 on titles including Batman, Detective Comics, The Authority, Batman Beyond, and American Vampire. Outside of comics, Dustin is also known as a conceptual artist for toys, games, and animation.

Jimmy Palmiotti

Jimmy Palmiotti is a comic creator who is as well known for work as an inker in addition to his writing. He has co-created several titles including Ash, Painkiller Jane, and The Pro. His prolific writing career at DC Comics on Jonah Hex, Power Girl, All-Star Western, and many more has made him a fan-favorite.

George Pérez

George Pérez has been a popular artist in the comic book industry since his first run on Avengers in the 70s. He went on to garner more acclaim working with writer Marv Wolfman on many seminal titles for DC Comics, particularly New Teen Titans and Crisis on Infinite Earths. Pérez later re-launched Wonder Woman as both artist and writer in a run which brought the character into new prominence. Known for his large layout featuring multiple characters, Pérez has drawn several important crossover events including Infinity Gauntlet, JLA/Avengers, and Infinite Crisis. Most recently he was the artist on Superman in DC’s New 52.

Joe Quinones

Joe Quinones is a Boston local artist who is on the rise in comics. A graduate of the Rhode Island School of Design, he worked on Teen Titans Go! before being hand-picked to draw the Green Lantern strip in Wednesday Comics. Recently his covers have graced titles for all the major companies including Hack/Slash, Star Wars: Knight Errant, and Amazing Spider-Man.

Amy Reeder

Amy Reeder broke into the industry winning a Tokoyopop contest to publish her manga-style book Fool's Gold. She's made her mark since then on Madame Xanadu, Supergirl, and Detective Comics. Her most recent work is the creator-owned book Halloween Eve.

Don Rosa

Don Rosa is the artist of Uncle Scrooge. An avid fan of the legendary Carl Barks, Rosa’s work on the title involves intense research and a strict adherence to the established continuity particularly in his series The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck. Rosa is world-renowned as one of the preeminent artists of the Disney Ducks.

Tim Seeley

Tim Seeley is a comic book artist and writer known for his work on books such as G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero, G.I. Joe vs. Transformers and New Exiles. He is also the co-creator of the Image Comics book Hack/Slash.

William Stout

William Stout is a highly respected artist and one of preeminent experts on the illustration of dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures. One of the first Americans to ever be featured in Heavy Metal Magazine, Stout has worked in a wide range of media stretching form comic strips, to designing theme parks, and over 30 feature films including Conan, Men in Black, and Pan's Labyrinth.

Bill Willingham

Bill Willingham is the creator of the immensely popular title Fables, a re-imagining of fairy tales characters in the modern world, as well as its spin-offs Jack of Fables and Fairest. His career began in the 80s writing and drawing Elementals for Comico. He has also written for several other titles including Robin, Shadowpact, Angel, Proposition Player, and Justice Society of America.

this isn't a complete listing, just the big names they've confirmed so far.

http://www.bostoncomiccon.com/index.html

here's a thread I started for the 2012 BCC, towards the bottom there is a listing of all the tables. CGC was there last year, I assume they will be there again this year.

http://www.friendsofcci.com/forum/index.php?topic=164.0

Tickets? Check!

Hotel? Check!

Plans to meet up with my all time best pal? Check!

Excitement level: reaching max.

Remaining tasks:

1. Bottle up a bunch of home-brew for late night consumption

2. cash in about 50 lbs. of change I've been saving up to get an extra nice book

3. figure out how to best carry the stuff I want to get signed, yet still travel light on the floor.

Anyone else as excited as I am?

Bazborg

Tickets? Check!

Hotel? Check!

Remaining tasks:

2. cash in about 50 lbs. of change I've been saving up to get an extra nice book

3. figure out how to best carry the stuff I want to get signed, yet still travel light on the floor.

Bazborg

Great city, wonderful location, excellent show. Looking forward to it again this year.

Tickets? Check!

Hotel? Check!

Remaining tasks:

Bazborg

Great city, wonderful location, excellent show. Looking forward to it again this year.

And we are looking forward to having you back

Tickets? Check!

Hotel? Check!

Remaining tasks:

Bazborg

And we are looking forward to having you back

Sticking around for dinner this year, Michael?