• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boston Comic-Con April 20-21, 2013, Boston MA

206 posts in this topic

Larry's was decent. I went to comicazi this morning,that was great. Although I found out most of those guys will be in Lowell tomorrow. I finally got my Don Rosa Scrooge McDuck sketch. Larry's,comicazi,comicopia,and friendly neighborhood comics, all deserve a round of applause for hosting the artists and vendors. :applause:(worship)

Larry's was decent. I went to comicazi this morning,that was great. Although I found out most of those guys will be in Lowell tomorrow. I finally got my Don Rosa Scrooge McDuck sketch. Larry's,comicazi,comicopia,and friendly neighborhood comics, all deserve a round of applause for hosting the artists and vendors. :applause:(worship)

Where was Rosa???

Edit: Oh right, Comicazi. Who will be at Larry's tomorrow?

UPDATE:

Impromptu mini-con in Lowell, MA today will have these guests and more to be announced-

Tim Seeley: Image comics Revival creator!

Tim Sale: Eisner Award winning artist!

David Mack: Daredevil, Alias, Kabuki artist!

Nick Bradshaw: Wolverine & the X-Men, Army of Darkness, Danger Girl.

Rich Woodall: Johnny Raygun, Zombie Bomb

Matt Slay: TMNT artist

I will be there to provide CGC Signature Series service, PM or show up for details.

Latest from the BCC Facebook page:

So here's where we stand. First off, Boston Comic Con apologizes profusely to all the attendees, vendors, and guests who were inconvenienced by the postponement. We held out as long as we could and had the suspect been caught and the lockdown lifted just a few hours earlier we could have pulled it off. Unfortunately the Hynes was forced to pull the plug and the situation was out of our hands. No one could have anticipated this unprecedented shutdown of a major metropolitan area.

Secondly, we are looking at new dates for this year. We are working diligently on trying to reschedule sometime this summer subject to the convention center's availability. We will announce the new date as soon as we book it and invite all of the guests back.

Any admission tickets purchased online will be honored at the rescheduled show. Once we announce the new show date, if for any reason, you can not come to the show on that date, we will refund your ticket at that time. Simply submit a refund request through Eventbrite.

Finally we want to extend our most heartfelt gratitude to all the shops who opened their doors this weekend and the artists who so generously gave their time to the fans. We spoke to many attendees who had driven long distances from the likes of Canada, Florida, and Missouri to be here and were so happy to have the opportunity to still meet some of the guests. And to all of you who have been so supportive in this trying time and sent very kind words of sympathy and support. There are several comic book events coming up in the next few weeks and we encourage locals to check them out and keep the comic community going.