• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it me, or is this price just plain screwy!?!

16 posts in this topic

I love the name of the high bidder...golfcrazynut confused-smiley-013.gif

Do you think the buyer will get his money back in a few years.....?

Sure, as long as it is properly insured before it conveniently "disappears".

893naughty-thumb.gif

What's with the color loss above the Spidey logo in the ULC? Call me crazy, but IMO, there should be NO visible flaws of any sort on a scan of a 9.8. The only flaws acceptable on a 9.8 should not be visible in a scan.

makepoint.gif

Of couse, if a book in this condition was titled Ultimate Spider-Man 66 and released in 2004, it would be a 9.0 tonofbricks.gif

I hate the "dumbing down" of the grading scale -- or the curve -- for older books. 893frustrated.gif

I see absolutely nothing wrong with this book. Squared corners, no spine stress, clean back cover. The price on the other hand, now that is wrong. Guess he really wanted the book.

Brian

I see absolutely nothing wrong with this book. Squared corners, no spine stress, clean back cover. The price on the other hand, now that is wrong. Guess he really wanted the book.

Brian

I see what looks to be some minor slab damage on the top edge in the orange logo box to the right of Spidey's head.

I saw that but I think it's just a really minor rub and not any kind of crease. Plus it's in the overflash which seems to get plenty of leeway.

This appears to be the buyers first comic book purchase, looks like he put up 2 more bids on top of his winning one so he must have been willing to go higher than 3050.. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Brian

Brian

I see what looks to be some minor slab damage on the top edge in the orange logo box to the right of Spidey's head.

Thank you.. I'm glad I'm not the only one to see this! I'm not sure that it's slab damage though.. it looks like a slight color rub...

confused-smiley-013.gif

Either way, it ain't a 9.8 anymore and a clear scan would make it very obvious. tonofbricks.gif

I am no longer surprised at the prices people are willing to pay for high grade silver and bronze. 25-30x top guide for a 9.8 seems almost reasonable compared to paying 300x guide for a modern 10.0. It's not how I would choose to spend the money, but there are obviously some who feel this sort of purchase is worthwhile.

Once you've accepted that there are some comics worth $3000 dollars, you have opened the door to the idea that any comic might be worth that much.