• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGSE's Super Goof 61

4 posts in this topic

This is the second of three Whitman 3-pack comics I have been asked to grade for a non-collector. This one is the best of the bunch.

Front:

SuperGoof61Front.jpg

Back:

SuperGoof61Back.jpg

Any feedback on approximate grade would be really appreciated. Many thanks AJ.

Many thanks for the reply. I estimated this one at 8.5 as the best of the three Whitman comics I listed over the past couple of days. Not sure I can see enough defects to bring it down to 6.5 but I'm not so good at grading older comics!

Any more grades appreciated.

Cheers

AJ

Wow, that is a really hard color to see details on.

I'll agree with a 6.0/6.5. the color-breaking crease through the smaller jail building at the bottom is the big strike against it. There are also a number of color-breaking spine ticks, at least, I think there are; it's hard to say with that color, but some can definitely be seen in the corner box. There also appears to be a small discoloration of some kind on the front cover near the bottom of the spine?