• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Concerts and Wrestling Shows at Conventions

20 posts in this topic

I did two shows in the past 30 days and both were hugh headaches. Not because of stupid customers or homeless people yelling at me but because of Concerts and Wrestling shows.

First up.

I went to Montreal this weekend and this is a picture of the booth I was working at.

17780_10152311598815106_2004251111_n.jpeg

Thankfully I didn't take a picture of the Ridler who for some reasons decided to wear spandex in the buck and had no quarrels with the bounciness of his man bits.

Next we have a little concert I was forced to watch for eight hours split between two days.

it was not fun and I left early as a result.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrpVp6ZFhWM

That is all I wanted to talk about - please don't post my rap videos in here.

Also, At the concert show there was a guy there that told me a few weeks earlier not to go back to his store because he knew me from the CGC boards and said hilarious things to me. It was good times.

It should also be mentioned that MTV requested I do some kind of audition for their tv show MTV creeps this week, which is just more proof of how my life is an anomaly.

Comics & wrestling!?! :o

That could be awesome if the wrestlers were female cosplayers! hm

They were dudes in tight spandex and had tons of dong splish splashing all over the place.

Case and Point - Ridler had pee stains as well as a floppy dong. It was a nightmare.

Love montreal shows though.

Comics & wrestling!?! :o

That could be awesome if the wrestlers were female cosplayers! hm

They were dudes in tight spandex and had tons of dong splish splashing all over the place.

Case and Point - Ridler had pee stains as well as a floppy dong. It was a nightmare.

Love montreal shows though.

No anal leakage? :sorry:

I have never attended a show where there was wrestling or concerts but see them advertised more often than I would have ever imagined.

I don't get it at all. I know that comic shows are generally becoming "pop culture" conventions and that wrestling and music are a part of pop culture, but I just don't feel like they belong at conventions. I've seen plenty of booths that set up music and it drives pretty much everyone on the floor absolutely crazy. Conventions are rarely held in acoustically neutral places, so adding something exceptionally loud is really, really obnoxious. Planet Comicon in KC has been having medieval "tournaments" in one corner of the room and that is annoying enough.

The very first Wizard World Toronto had a local wrestling promotion doing matches at the show. Thankfully it was all in a side room, but occasionally the match would spill out onto the convention floor for a bit to get people interested and draw them in.

It was very fun. A small group of guys who took turns wrestling. They had a bunch of different costumes and would wrestle as different characters. It could be Spider-Man vs. King Pin one match and Mario vs Zangief the next and all sorts of stuff in between. Those wrestlers really busted their that weekend and saved a very dull show for me personally.

One of the Toronto Fan Expo shows I was at had a Guitar Hero competition that was across from some dealers booths. The music was very loud (as in scream at each other in order to have a conversation) and people usually played the same song. When I talked to a dealer about the show he screamed "It Sucked!" because the loud music made it hard to talk to people at his booth and was just uncomfortable to be around for very long. Plus he had to listen to Sweet Child of Mine 600 times that weekend.

DragonCon has a scheduled set of matches in one of the host hotels. They knocked a hole in the wall a few years back. The host hotel was none too happy about that, but it was cool to see a guy get his head put through a wall.

HeroesCon on occassion runs the same weekend as the DUB car show which can be an interesting day to say the least. Especially if you are set up along the wall next to where the main stage is for the car show. Buy lots of aspirin....