• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman 23

16 posts in this topic

Joeypost is very reasonable.....20 bucks or so......it might go to 5.0 to 6.0 range. I heartily reccommend Joe. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I wouldn't recommend him as he tore one of my comics and said "I knew that was going to happen." Then, he proceeded to tell me it is not worth it to press after he just devalued my book some more. Oh well, different people, different experiences.

Sorry you had a bad experience, but Joey told me everything he saw about my books before he pressed them. You can't really blame him if you asked him to handle a book that had the potential to tear. I'm assuming it wasn't a modern book.

Bronze age book - unfortunately tore when he put it back into the plastic holder. I don't mean to knock people but if I have a bad experience I will share as I am sure people with good experiences will do the same.

Since you decided to go public before you asked me about the books I will have to reply in the same manner. Would have been nice if you handled this privately, but such is life I guess.

Which bronze age book (or books) received the damage?

This point is moot. I am sharing an experience I had in a public forum. It was not meant as a personal attack. However, I sense you are getting defensive because I am sharing this information - as if someone cannot be honest to help people make informed decisions. All I said was that you carelessly mishandled ONE book and it resulted in a tear. The tear occurred as you were placing my book, while in front of me, back in it's holder.

There is no need to ask you about the books because you said everything I presented to you was not worth it since it the books were not high grades, yet I found this from your own website prior to showing my books to you:

"If I don't submit them to CGC, will they look better in my collection?

Everyone has their own reason for submitting books to be pressed; higher monetary value is not always the factor."

I experienced poor customer service and you better believe that I have the public's interest at heart over yours or any other business. How many people trash CGC on these boards for its turnaround times, yet CGC allows this bashing to continue?

Edit: This is just one experience I am sharing with everyone - this does not mean everyone will have the same experience. There is a reason I came to joeypost to seek his services - because of great reviews he has on the forums.

I apologise to the OP of this thread. It is not my intent to hijack the thread but I am in need of explaining the situation.

Fair enough.

Now let me share my experience with you as a customer (who I did not charge to review books and as of today have not done any work for).

After repeated phone calls to meet me at my house because he was up from Miami shopping this gentleman finally comes over to my home to have me review books. With my back out and not feeling well I meet him at the door to look at two books. I will not go into the condition of the books since that is not relevant (kinda). If the originator of this post would like to scan his books and show everyone the quality of the books he was looking to have pressed and graded I will leave it up to him.

I took both books out in front of him and showed him EVERYTHING wrong with the books and why it would not be worth grading...let alone pressing. When i took the second book out the owner, not me, had placed it in the bag with the corner folded over. It had a hard crease in it. As I was putting the book back into the bag one edge of the crease opened up. I admit that this happened, but the original damage had been done by the books owner and his own carelessness.

He had every opportunity to speak up then. Instead he decides to wait a few weeks and then make it public on the forums.

Here is the recap.

After numerous phone calls to meet face to face, so he did not have to waste money shipping his 2 books I agree to meet him at my home. I was able to arrange some time out of my busy schedule to evaluate his books for free. Again, bad customer service.

The books (and value really has nothing to do with this) were beaters. I saw the disappointment in his face, but I was being honest with him. Again, I could have said I can make them look better and wasted his money. Once more, poor customer service. For what he would have put into the books with pressing and CGC fees he could have purchased nicer copies already slabbed for less. I also pointed this out to him.

Anyone who has ever dealt with me knows I am easy to deal with. I have gone the extra mile to make everyone happy. Instead of PMing me in private and asking if I could do something about the book I caused further damage to, he decides to go public. Again, I am in the wrong because I could not read his mind.

This is proof that no good deed goes unpunished.

Staples are there, everything is attached. No spliting or tears. There is no tear at the top back cover.

What grade would pressing bring it to? And would it be cost effective?

3.5 but I wouldn't be surprised to see it get a 4.0.

If you decided to press out the spine roll, I would think a 4.0 maybe 4.5 on a good day.