• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do comics have ISBN numbers?

8 posts in this topic

Having a hell of a time listing a book on amazon. I dont use ebay for personal reasons. Anyways as you all know books can have multiple covers, variants etc which means its a pain in the butt to use the UPC code. In fact many of the UPC codes are used for other items that have nothing to do with what i am trying to list.

So I contacted customer support and they keep telling me books must be listed by their ISBN number but im pretty certain that individual comic books do not have ISBN numbers. Am I wrong? If so how do i obtain an ISBN

Did you search either Amazon for the same issue or try googling an ISBN for the comic?

Sure did, but all they have listed is the regular cover and a few variants, none of which I am trying to sell. I use to be able to list books by clicking on a box that said NO ISBN available. Yet amazon came up with a new policy where every book must be listed by ISBN or UPC. This doesent really help since books can have multiple covers but still hold the same UPC code. I am still arguing with amazon customer service right now about this.

They want me to list under the regular cover. Yet it is not a regular cover so this makes no sense to me since what I am offering is rarer and thus more expensive. How would it look when someone is selling a book for 2.99 and Im selling under the same listing at 29.95

On Paperbackswap.com I've seen regular floppy comics listed. I don't know how they did it. You're supposed to have an ISBN to list something, the ISBN's for the floppy comics are always like four characters long. I tried listing floppy comics myself but couldn't figure out how to do it.