• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 2012 CGC boards HOLIDAY RAFFLE thread!

1,439 posts in this topic

Selecting at Position #37, Mr Wiggles chooses with his fifth ranked choice:

60. Star Wars #1 CGC 9.2 Restored donated by Mayor006

:whee:

What a sight to wake up to! Thanks to everyone who made the SS and raffle possible! A lot of fun was had by me this Christmas because of both!

With the 53rd pick, Ares "randomly" chooses

52. CGC 9.2 Uncanny X-men 325 SS Joe Mad donated by Shaven Kev

I actually used to own that book untill I sent it to Shaven Kev Earlier in the year.

I am donating it back into auction to go to person who comes in second last if thats ok?

Drawing at #27, cloudofwit chooses

90. A Medium Flat Rate Priority Mail box full of high grade Copper Age Marvel comics consisting mostly of Amazing Spider-Man, Daredevil, Incredible Hulk, Marvel Team-Up, Marvel Two-in-One and Uncanny X-Men issues. donated by Shark

his fifth choice!

Cool Scott. You're going to love this box. Mostly 9.6/9.8 copies. (thumbs u

:hail:

Thanks, Mike! Can't believe your donation was still there. :takeit::banana:

It takes a man with huge sto**es to only make SIX choices:

but David Merryweather is no ORDINARY man.

With the 34th Pick, he selects with his SECOND choice:

2. Harlan Ellison Signed and Numbered Limited Edition #1 limited to 750 copies donated by comix4fun

hm

[font:Times New Roman]Winding my way through this thread of anticipatory delight with so many great prizes it's easy to understand the curiosity about my choices, especially my second being one of Harlan's signed, ltd. edition books, but we both have a long association with the SF community. Ellison is still considered a literary god in the speculative fiction field and his books are highly prized. He's also a HUGE comics fan.

Having known Harlan for decades and shared his stage as auctioneer on occasion I've grown to appreciate his snarky style almost as much as I enjoy his brilliant writing, so acquiring another of his signed works has sentimental value beyond actual monetary worth. I'm very happy with my prize![/font]

:applause: That's wonderful. I am glad you were able to get it then.

I will PM for the details.

Best,

Chris

I actually used to own that book untill I sent it to Shaven Kev Earlier in the year.

I am donating it back into auction to go to person who comes in second last if thats ok?

works for me ;)

Believe it or not, Winner #14's second choice is still here:

THB selects

7. Dr. Horrible #1 SS CGC 9.8 signed by Felica Day donated by Bill Robinson

Balls!!!

Thank you Bill Robinson!!!!!! and Ellen !!!

Winner #55 Paratrooper MADE SIX choices.

FIVE OF THEM ARE STILL UNSELECTED. :o

He chooses

73. Star Spangled War Stories #81 t-shirt (XLarge-one of only 6 made) donated by thirdgreenham

Woot! I think that makes 3 shirts made by Andy that I've got now!

works for me ;)

UNLESS Holiday Ham will let me repick

works for me ;)

UNLESS Holiday Ham will let me repick

TOO LATE!! :sumo:lol

At position #56, oakman29 receives

29. JSA print of artwork I did donated by Shadow

I have one request Shadow.If you could please autograph your work,that would make my day.You are such a talented artist. :applause:

You don't know how honored I am that you chose a print I did. I know all about your mad skills!
Thank you,and I will have this brilliant piece of work matted and framed,and placed on my wall with other great artists original work that I own and admire such as Ethan van Sciver,Bernie Wrightson ,David Finch. (worship)

You don't know how honored I am that you chose a print I did. I know all about your mad skills!
Thank you,and I will have this brilliant piece of work matted and framed,and placed on my wall with other great artists original work that I own and admire such as Ethan van Sciver,Bernie Wrightson ,David Finch. (worship)

:gossip:

Get a room you two!

EDIT: Can you share the piece of Wrightson OA you own oakman? :cloud9:

:gossip:

Get a room you two!

EDIT: Can you share the piece of Wrightson OA you own oakman? :cloud9:

It's just a head sketch of Swampy on a Swamp Thing #10,had it done at CalcomicCon in Yorba Linda,Ca. a few years back.