• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's NEVER Too Early For Movie Hype

52 posts in this topic

Fantastic Four #489-502 (60-70) Waid Wieringo Alba

Thank God for Jessica Alba, SHE will save my FF's from becoming fodder for the trash heap.

insane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gif

(NO one watched her for free on TV... why will people suddenly want to pay to see her? 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif If the movie is a success, it will have very little to do with the "star power" of it's actors.)

(NO one watched her for free on TV... why will people suddenly want to pay to see her? 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif If the movie is a success, it will have very little to do with the "star power" of it's actors.)

Wonder if they'll pay to see if she went "all" blonde for the movie 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

BTW, did you pick up that slabbed 8.5 FF 35 center out there this past weekend?

And JC says UFF is destined to be bargain bin fodder... smile.gif

But has he told us how much the movie's gonna suck azz yet? 27_laughing.gif

If it is going to be a comedy spoof then he's more than likely going to be right...about the movie that is...as for UFF - I think Ellis and artist have delayed that bargain bin arrival for a bit... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Wonder if they'll pay to see if she went "all" blonde for the movie 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

My buddy went to see Jessica Alba at the "Sin City" movie panel at the SDCC while I was geeking out at the Warren panel (hey, Louise Jones/Simonson was a looker in her day, too!) He said that he was repulsed to find out that Jessica was far from lady-like in person, cursing like Tony Montana with F893censored-thumb.gif being by far her most-often used word. Did anybody else manage to witness this? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

In any case, I'm hoping that we see her in Playboy soon to find out the answer to your question above. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Joe hasn't commented on this movie yet, but I will.

The FF movie is going to suck! (I wish I didn't feel this way, but I do. frown.gif)

As I've said in other threads, I think the only way the FF would succeed on the Siver Screen would be as an animated feature aimed at kids.

Is it just me, or is that a great price for new copies of all of those books? (Leaving aside that other ebay lots for the same might occasionally sell for a couple dollars more or less.) The BIN is half cover price.

(hey, Louise Jones/Simonson was a looker in her day, too!)

Yes, she was! thumbsup2.gif Berni wouldn't exaggerate, would he? confused-smiley-013.gif

The very un-P.C. Bruce Jones said that all the guys at Warren wanted to sleep with her back in the day! shocked.gif Then he recounted how Jeff Jones was doing a "Death takes a maiden" type painting and had Bruce and Weezie pose for it. Somehow Bruce convinced Jeff that he should change the painting to have Death *kissing* the maiden...and that is how he finagled a kiss from the then-married Mrs. Jones. Now that I think about it, the Warren panel was probably a lot more interesting than the Sin City panel!

The FF movie is going to suck! (I wish I didn't feel this way, but I do. frown.gif)

I won't go so far as to predict that the film will suck, but I'm not hopeful that it won't. But who knows, maybe they'll pull it off. I didn't think Raimi would do as well with Spider-Man as he did, either, based upon the previous films he's done, so maybe Tim Story will somehow manage to do a great job even though his only other film is rather drastically different ("Barber Shop").

at the SDCC while I was geeking out at the Warren panel (hey, Louise Jones/Simonson was a looker in her day, too!)

In any case, I'm hoping that we see her in Playboy soon to find out the answer to your question above. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Since when did you become a fanboy?!?! shocked.gifstooges.gif

at the SDCC while I was geeking out at the Warren panel (hey, Louise Jones/Simonson was a looker in her day, too!)

Since when did you become a fanboy?!?! shocked.gifstooges.gif

I'm not a fanboy. I just play one on the Boards. tongue.gif

Joe hasn't commented on this movie yet, but I will.

As I've said in other threads, I think the only way the FF would succeed on the Siver Screen would be as an animated feature aimed at kids.

An animated FF for kids as a summer kid blockbuster!?!? 27_laughing.gif

A space-based sci-fi FF film could succeed rather well - something like a trip to Mars, cosmic rays, the devourer of planets eats the big red one, the FF return to Earth in time to save it. CGI shouldn't present a problem, it's all about the story...

Is it just me, or is that a great price for new copies of all of those books? (Leaving aside that other ebay lots for the same might occasionally sell for a couple dollars more or less.) The BIN is half cover price.

It's just over $1 a book at the BIN. Not a bad price, but typical for ebay IMO.

I'd be thrilled to unload my "read-once-and-filed-never-to-be-seen-again" moderns for $1 each. I've been trying to unload a runs of recent books: Namors, Green Arrows, BOTPs, etc and they go begging for 50 cents each.

sorry.gif

SHE[/b] will save my FF's from becoming fodder for the trash heap.

insane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gif

sorry to disagree, but i always caught dark angel on the tube - was sorry to see it go. frown.gif

and i'll be a fanboy and say that somehow, someone, is gonna save this movie and it will be OK (maybe not great, but ok).........now green lantern with Jack Black is another story........... 893whatthe.gif

I won't go so far as to predict that the film will suck, but I'm not hopeful that it won't. But who knows, maybe they'll pull it off.

I 'hope' it doesn't either. I just think it will be almost impossible to pull off an FF movie. Almost all of the charm of the FF stems from the characters interaction w/ each other over many, many years and issues. I don't see how they can pull off all of the following without making the moive LOTR-length:

-FF origin

-Doom origin & leader of Latveria

-Reed/Doom history

-Reed/Ben history

-FF establishing themselves (Baxter Building intro, etc)

-Doom plot to destroy world/FF

-FF defeats Doom

I know people will say "they" (Hollywood) were able to do it w/ the X-men, but that is pretty easy when you think about it. All the X-men were born w/ their powers (easy origin). Prof. X has 'school for gifted children' (establish X-history), Magneto introduced as one time ally of Xavier, etc....Characterization is easy:

Cyclops - goody-goody, leader type

Jean - Star pupil

Wolverine - the 'x-factor' of the team, renegade

Prof X - the Leader of the team

The others - minor role players

I just think that in order to do the FF right, it would take more screen time and money than the studio is going to invest. And, I think if they aren't going to do it "right" (ie, Spider-Man), they shoud shelve the project entirely.

I really do hope they make me eat my words, but this has 'League of Extraordinary Gentlemen' written all over it. And those were characters that anybody that made it thru high-school should know.