• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm a coin guy in a comic world

28 posts in this topic

I have been into comics as long as I can remember. I have always collected pretty much for cover artwork.

I am a huge fan of Wolverine and the X-Men, but usually I buy comics cuz I think the cover is cool.

Anyone else collect like this or am I just weird? lol

I have been into comics as long as I can remember. I have always collected pretty much for cover artwork.

I am a huge fan of Wolverine and the X-Men, but usually I buy comics cuz I think the cover is cool.

Yes...

Now Get Out

Why would someone buy cold pieces of metal when you can buy some sweet sweet comics...?

:jokealert:

Those cold pieces of metal are part of something call a monetary system in which we trade for goods we need and want. I believe comics are something we need and want?!?!? lol

Why would someone buy cold pieces of metal when you can buy some sweet sweet comics...?

Those cold pieces of metal are part of something call a monetary system in which we trade for goods we need and want. I believe comics are something we need and want?!?!? lol

But you use money to buy money... :frustrated:

I've collected coins longer than comics, although I go into hibernative periods with each one, usually alternating with each other. I've usually found my coins to be far more liquid at a much higher percent of fair market value come sale time... but then, gold and silver usually are.

I enjoy the comics more, though... so I always come back to them.

But you use money to buy money... :frustrated:

I use plastic to pay for almost everything. My accountant then pays my bills and I use plastic to pay him. What is this money thing you refer to?

In ancient times, before the invention of plastic, men used to worship money, but I thought that went the way of Odin worship.

I like comics because of the history.... because of the tradition.... because of the fantastic artists and creators that have shaped some of the most recognizable figures in all of society. I like comics because of the pop cultural significance in cinema, video games, toys and even television. I like comics because of the aesthetically pleasing artwork that visually dawns my walls, den, and office. I like comics for the entertaining stories that span generations. I like comics for the "wow" and "coolness" factor that generally follows telling someone you have the "1st appearance of (name whichever character happens to be the "it" character at the time). I like comics for the continued collectability and how I continue to look forward to every Wednesday. I like comics for the anticipation of attending the next Comic Con to try and locate whichever key issue I happen to fancy. I like comics for the ability to flip through them, read, enjoy them beyond a level of just tossing them in a box like coins or baseball cards.

In short, I like comics because they are a form of medium that takes the absolute best aspects of every other hobby out there, rolls em up and condenses them into one uber cool hobby.

So yeah, I'm nothing like you.

Welcome.

I use coins to pay for comics :shrug: