• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FOR JOANNA - a bakers dozen of pretty WW's

30 posts in this topic

coincidentally, after i culled through my SA Wonder Woman's, i came up with 13 that look to be in the best shape (same number as the previously posted Mystery in space).

while i have just about every issue from 100-150, these are the nicest and will find themselves on their way to CGC soon.

i still find these books to be silly, after all these years. but, they are HG SA WW's afterall, and the artwork is nice and the colors are often brilliant.........As usual, every one purchased by me off the shelf at Sids Luncheonette in Orange, NJ. circa 1962-64.

i didn't punch them up past 100DPI and they are still in their mylars, but you should be able to get the idea.......

hope you like them joanna......... grin.gif

1092045202393_Wonder_Woman.jpg

1088838695155_Wonder_Woman_001.jpg

1089052424571_Wonder_Woman_002.jpg

1092475459249_Wonder_Woman_003.jpg

1092805755946_Wonder_Woman_004.jpg

1092709159421_Wonder_Woman_005.jpg

1091191127325_Wonder_Woman_006.jpg

1092207188912_Wonder_Woman_007.jpg

1091260109927_Wonder_Woman_008.jpg

1089132907443_Wonder_Woman_009.jpg

1091022192410_Wonder_Woman_010.jpg

1092765628212_Wonder_Woman_011.jpg

1090175827832_Wonder_Woman_012.jpg

That "drip drip drip" sound you're hearing is Joanna's drool hitting her keyboard.

#143 looks like a 9.6 candidate. 893whatthe.gif

Sweet books, Harry! 893applaud-thumb.gif Your collection kills me.

Which reminds me. Zeman started a thread about what we'd do with our comics if we died. Well if I die, I'm leaving my books to you because I know that in 40 years, they'll still be in good shape. 27_laughing.gif

That #143 is a very nice cover, but what's going on with the bottom edge? My eyes are playing tricks on me. 893frustrated.gif

The book is still in the mylar. gossip.gif It's light glinting off the mylar sleeve.

That #143 is a very nice cover, but what's going on with the bottom edge? My eyes are playing tricks on me. 893frustrated.gif

i see what you mean - that is an interesting affect, but the lower edge is razor straight............

The book is still in the mylar. gossip.gif It's light glinting off the mylar sleeve.

agree that it's a slight rippling in the maylar sleeve causing the illusion of waviness. if this comes back a 9.6, it will be my first of the original purchases. i have a handful (subby #1, Cap #100, ASM #300) that were later purchases, but that ain't the same as saving one for 40+ years. i'm gonna submit at least 90 SA DC's and maybe as many as 120. would be nice to get one 9.6 back cloud9.gif

i see what you mean - that is an interesting affect, but the lower edge is razor straight............

agree that it's a slight rippling in the maylar sleeve causing the illusion of waviness. if this comes back a 9.6, it will be my first of the original purchases. i have a handful (subby #1, Cap #100, ASM #300) that were later purchases, but that ain't the same as saving one for 40+ years. i'm gonna submit at least 90 SA DC's and maybe as many as 120. would be nice to get one 9.6 back cloud9.gif

I think you have a legitimate shot based on the front cover scan. Hopefully the back cover looks the same. Gorgeous! cloud9.gif

I think you have a legitimate shot based on the front cover scan. Hopefully the back cover looks the same. Gorgeous! cloud9.gif

By the way -- ditto for 139 and 140. They look to be 9.4s at LEAST.

thanks for the encouraging words on those 3 issues thumbsup2.gif

i'm hoping that most of them pull at least a 9.0.

i still find it surprising how little interest vintage HG DC's seem to generate. maybe everyone's still at work or maybe no one can bear to look at those "Wonder Family" covers with their "Impossible" stories........oh well, i'm sure Johanna will appreciate them when she has time to view them...........

nice off the rack books b-boy, acclaim.gif but i have just one question, who the hell is JOHANNA? confused.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

That's what I was thinking....... confused.gif

oops, i guess i went with the european spelling - kinda like you pimpy with your COLOUR touch grin.gif

i hope SHE knows who she is confused.gif

i still find it surprising how little interest vintage HG DC's seem to generate. maybe everyone's still at work or maybe no one can bear to look at those "Wonder Family" covers with their "Impossible" stories........oh well, i'm sure Johanna will appreciate them when she has time to view them...........

We have to stop drooling long enough to post! Amazing books. Got Action and Adventures from the same time frame? (box 12's, gotta love em!)

We have to stop drooling long enough to post! Amazing books. Got Action and Adventures from the same time frame? (box 12's, gotta love em!)

my very few actions are old and low/mid grade. i do have about 10 adventures in sequence from around 1963-64 that are in 7.5 to 9.0 range. i'll post them in a couple of weeks.......... grin.gif

Just offer to sell some of these and you'll probably see a quick increase in interest!

nice off the rack books b-boy, acclaim.gif but i have just one question, who the hell is JOHANNA? confused.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

I thought it was Joanna's Swedish cousin? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Wow! First we have Helga from Flekkefjord, Norway. Now Johanna from Sweden! Party! PAR-TEEEE!!!!!!

I thought it was Joanna's Swedish cousin? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Wow! First we have Helga from Flekkefjord, Norway. Now Johanna from Sweden! Party! PAR-TEEEE!!!!!!

27_laughing.gif I have always said that you were a wild man, Pov! thumbsup2.gif