• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Shop Software? Need advice...

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm opening a comic shop within the bext 8 weeks and I was wonderinf what software comic shop owners use for various reasons in thier stores... any advice.

(I use a Mac)

All help appreciated...

Cheers,

Angelo

Hi all,

I'm opening a comic shop within the bext 8 weeks and I was wonderinf what software comic shop owners use for various reasons in thier stores... any advice.

(I use a Mac)

All help appreciated...

Cheers,

Angelo

confused-smiley-013.gif... but good luck with the store!

Microsoft Access. It's a database program.

If you learn to use it, you can inventory the store, keep up with orders, pull lists, etc.

It's an amazing program, but takes dedication to learn to program it to do what you want it to do.

Good luck with the shop. thumbsup2.gif

If you learn to use it, you can inventory the store, keep up with orders, pull lists, etc.

It's an amazing program, but takes dedication to learn to program it to do what you want it to do.

Is Access available for the Mac? I agree a database program would be essential but Filemaker is the standard for Mac databases and one I would recommend, especially because of the large installed base and the plethora of knowledge out there with that app.

Is Access available for the Mac? I agree a database program would be essential but Filemaker is the standard for Mac databases and one I would recommend, especially because of the large installed base and the plethora of knowledge out there with that app.

I think you are correct.

Yet another reason to buy a PC.

gossip.gif

Seriously. Filemaker Pro is also a great database program.

The older versions were a little weak, but I believe the later versions have seen major improvements.

The older versions were a little weak, but I believe the later versions have seen major improvements.

It has - I loathe database programs - am a spreadsheet kind of guy - probably from being an engineer on 1-2-3 for DOS for 8 years! I do things in spreadsheets that make people look at me funny (I HOPE it is my spreadsheeting causing that reaction). I used to teach both MAC and PC in the 80's and remember really enjoying Filemaker and hating Access. From that I ocassionally take a peek at Filemaker on the net and it really has come into its own.