• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Denver Comic Con (DCC): May 31, June 1 and 2, 2013 - Denver, Colo.

152 posts in this topic

Starting this years thread a little earlier than anticipated but we're sooooo close to 2013 I figured - why not? Now let's get after this! :whee:

What: Denver Comic Con

When: May 31, June 1, 2 / 2013

Where: Colorado Convention Center, downtown Denver, Colo.

For Immediate Release: Nov. 2012 – Denver Comic Con prepares for a triumphant return to the Mile High City after an overwhelming national response to early bird tickets and guest announcements. On the heels of their record-breaking inaugural event with 27,700 in attendance, the 2013 Denver Comic Con will feature even more square footage on their convention floor, allowing bigger and better options...

http://www.denvercomiccon.com/

https://www.facebook.com/DenverComicCon

Last year saw a good turnout by forumites, including both buyers and sellers, for DCC. With everything established earlier this year, the expectation will be for more folks to make the trek to the Mile High city. For those that haven't been to Denver before, it's an amazing city with tons to do including a great zoo, museums, aquarium, Elitch gardens, water world, the Rockies - both baseball and real - and of course COMICS! Check it out if you can (thumbs u

I was just looking into setting up at this show to try and clear out some comics, OA, toys, etc. Looks very doable for me.

(thumbs u

A buddy of mine, who runs a comic shop locally, setup his booth on a corner last year and did well. I can't recall if comics or toys did more business for him but I know he sold some of both for me. There is another Denver "Con" earlier in the year but it's more SciFi based and comics really took a backseat to everything else going on.

I know Dale setup as well and would be curious to hear his feedback regarding 2012 along with a few others who made the trek from both east and west of the Rockies.

much needed :bump: here...

VIA FB...

$99.00 PER NIGHT!

Stay at The Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel and be close to all the Comic Con action!

The Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel offers a close location to the Denver Convention Center and awesome amenities, all for a special price just for our Con attendees!

Room availability is limited!

https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/booking/reservation?id=1209040474&key=4F012

Already got my tickets and hotel reservations (thumbs u now i just have to finish my costume. :banana:

I see they are planning a concert as well, how was it last year. It will be our first year there.

So anybody know if any of the Big Boys will be showing up with their books to sell?

Good question...not seeing any "dealer/retailer" info listed on the site. Will ping their FB feed and see what's up.

So anybody know if any of the Big Boys will be showing up with their books to sell?

Who are the Big Boys? I know Dale Roberts will be there. How much bigger do you want?

I know he was there last year, I just wasn't sure he was going to be there again this year. He always has a lot of sweet books.

Who are the Big Boys? I know Dale Roberts will be there. How much bigger do you want?

I will be there. I think Harley and probably Terry O'Neill. I would expect there to be some other vintage guys too.

I'm looking forward to this. I've convinced a few friends to join me. We will be flying out of Williston, ND. I was very excited to see that Denver finally has a con as is one of the very few places you can get a direct flight to from here.

I will be there. I think Harley and probably Terry O'Neill. I would expect there to be some other vintage guys too.

:applause:

I'm looking forward to this. I've convinced a few friends to join me. We will be flying out of Williston, ND. I was very excited to see that Denver finally has a con as is one of the very few places you can get a direct flight to from here.

Is that via a Beech 1900 prop plane? lol

I've done a bunch of flights on those if it is the case. They are scary at times but I heard it's one of the best/safest planes ever built. Workhorses.