• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Denver Comic Con (DCC): May 31, June 1 and 2, 2013 - Denver, Colo.

152 posts in this topic

The Denver show being on the same date really hurt the Philly show this year. Harley splitting his stock and Dale not attending hurt the supply of SA/GA books.

I noticed the dates were the same as I've been following Bill's thread at the same time as this one. I'm hitting DCC today and am really curious about the amount of GA/SA present. As Dale mentioned earlier in the thread, there are some fairly well known dealers at DCC this time around. As long as I can get in - we'll see lol

Sam's #3 is a bit overpriced, but good diner food.

Overpriced? Wow.

Dan

Some of their dinner entrees are upwards of $16-20. That's a lot for diner food.

Just sayin'.

Yeah, you're right. But their food is delicious!

Dan

Back from and DCC and I gotta say - it was a great time! :headbang:

We showed up a little after lunch. Parking nearby was a snap. Waited five minutes, if that, to get our badges and then another 2-3 minutes to get into the exhibit hall.

By the time we left the floor was packed with people but there was plenty of breathing room in the dining hall and signature area. The extra space was great to have this year. As for exit/entry, it was free flowing by that point as well.

From the sounds of it, the smartest thing we did was buy our tickets early and realize there would be plenty of Con to experience even if we waited until after lunch. The folks most frustrated by how it was run seem to be those that did not buy tickets in advance, as it sold out today, and those who missed an early panel due to the delay in getting people in early enough. I can see the problem with the latter but not so much with the former. It's DCC and it's going to have high demand.

Last, props to Dale Roberts who let me roam his booth like a kid in a candy store! I picked up two great GA issues, while he took a couple of books off my hands in trade, to help fund the purchase. :whee:

Overall, I'm already looking to DCC 2014 but first I gotta hit the Vegas Con in two weeks!

Denver 2014 may not have any old book dealers. It is scheduled for Father's Day weekend, and that is traditionally the weekend for Heroes Con. I can all but guarantee that Harley, Jamie and I will all be at Charlotte.

These guys are going to have to figure out that the world doesn't revolve around them. Check the schedule for other shows, etc. I know they are fairly new, but when you jump in to the deep water, you better know how to swim.

Had a good time at the show yesterday with Jeff (High Voltage) and Donny (who just joined the boards). We all got to go out for lunch with John K Snyder III and Matt Wagner. John is one of the nicest creators I have ever had the privilege to get to know. Matt is a pretty funny guy and it was cool to meet and hang out with him. I will try to post some pics of my commission soon. John knocked it out of the frikkin park.

It was another great but tiring day. I got there at 6:15 this morning hoping to get a Shatner wrist band for his panel. I know a lot of folks don't care about Shatner, but I do so there.

I was very close to the front - about 30 folks back from the door. I got the wrist band. I sold a ticket for a friend who couldn't make it and a copy of Saga #2 so I was up $50 before the con even opened.

Pictures to come.