• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flash 19-Incredible printing error this rarely happens right ?

28 posts in this topic

Ok so my question is,does off color errors like this have any impact,good or bad,on the value or no effect at all ?

it's a "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" kinda thing. if y'all got sticker-shock from the flash, you'd need one of those hollywood stunt-fall air bags behind you when you saw the price i'd put on mine. literally one of the favorite 5 books in my collection.

Pretty optimistic asking price.

Interesting. His thinking is that comic collectors may be like stamp collectors who eagerly pursue error stamps. But that type of thinking didn't translate to baseball cards in the eighties when a slough of errors surfaced as Topps, Fleer and Donruss tried to beat each other to market. And I doubt that comic collectors are keen to pursue "errors" either.

(shrug)

Absolutely wrong. I, and many others, actively pursue manufacturing errors.

CELEBRATE THE MANUFACTURING ERRORS

when putting the little ibis run together, i coulda bought a "plain" #4, or one from harley. i went with the latter. the bird and its shadow row my boat.

ibis4.jpg

Ok so my question is,does off color errors like this have any impact,good or bad,on the value or no effect at all ?

I would guess that if it ends up in a green label, that has to be bad for value, no?

I would guess that if it ends up in a green label, that has to be bad for value, no?

ordinarily when considering green, yes, but when the specific condition that causes the green [in the view of someone like me] actually enhances the desirability of the book, i'd say no. for example, i would not value my cap 34 for one penny less than if it was in blue. the point is that someone who views the book as i do would be paying for that unique off-register look, not the color of the label. i've had many pm's over the years inquiring about buying the book, and i don't think they were looking for a discount for the q.