• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED

7 posts in this topic

Here is the low down.

No hall of shame or probation list members.

I accept paypal, money order or check. I prefer paypal.

Buyer is too pay actual shipping charges, I will ship anyway the buyer wants, but beware that media mail has been held by post office on a previous sale of mine.

First :takeit: in thread wins the lot, please specify with the :takeit: if you want your lot custom tailored to your favorite character.

I am selling short and long boxes of books, each box will have a representation of bronze, copper and modern age books. I will try to toss in some silver age books also.

Each box will have some junk in it too (I gotta get rid of the stuff) maybe like 10% sheety books.

Prices are as follows:

$60 short box misc books

$100 long box misc books

$75 short box tailored to a specific character

$125 long box tailored to a specific character

I have the following short boxes available in specific characters.

Note that 2 short boxes equals one long box if you want to order a long box.

Thor 3

Batman 2

Superman 3

Fantastic Four 3

X-Men 3

Avengers 2

Iron Man 2

Hulk 2

Captain America 2

Justice League 2

Wow, 158 views of this sales thread and no biters.

I guess I should describe the boxes better. The comics were compiled from four different sources. And they are as follows:

1. Bought a collection of 22 long boxes, all comics were bagged and boarded, no doubles, all alpha-numerical organized. These books averaged a 9.0 grade. They were someones decent collection that had obviously been cherry picked before I got there.

2. Bought a collection of 20 long boxes, most were bagged and boarded, in no particular order. Some duplicates, but no more than three of a single issue. These books varied from 4.0 - 9.2 in grade. I would say the average would be about a 7.0

3. Box diving at comic conventions, in 2009-2010 I spent alot of time and money filling holes in my runs. I bought every issue I was missing from all major Marvel titles in the dollar bins. I also spent quite a few bucks in the five dollar bins buying up bronze and low grade silver books to complete my runs. A bunch of the dollar bin books are 9.8 candidates.

4. My personal collection, these are mainly X-Men books. I probably have a long box full of 9.4 or higher books with no doubles. I mean I had a full run 1-5??, the copper age till the end of the series were all NM or better. Most of the bronze age and all the silver age books have been graded or sold, but a few bronze and almost the rest of the series is still intact.

Thread closed.

I guess I will need to inventory, grade and scan all these books. I was trying to unload them at huge discounts because I am lazy.

I have a couple PM's going right now, if anyone else would like to know about a specific run of books just shoot me a PM. I am pretty sure the X-Men run and the FF run are going to be sold.

Thanks for looking.