• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Todd McFarlane and the new Venom

31 posts in this topic

They will not knowingly let someone that had nothing to do with a book get a sig certified on that book. This isn't to say that it hasn't happened - I have no idea. But the established policy is not to allow people to just willy-nilly sign stuff.

How tenuous can the connection between otherwise non-related creator and book be? For instance, say for some reason Don Rosa decided that he loves Signature Series now and will sign anything. A Scrooge fan says, "I think I would like Rosa to sign some Carl Barks Duck books from which Rosa drew inspiration for many of his stories." Would CGC allow Rosa to then sign a Scrooge book he didn't work on from before his time?

I think that would be fine. It is like letting people sign books that have characters they created in them and whatnot. Realistically, if the person is a comic professional, then CGC is not going to care. It is the concept that "anyone can sign anything" as long as it is in front of a witness that is wrong. Regular people cannot get SS'd (absent CGC specifically allowing it.).

Thanks, Sean.

They will not knowingly let someone that had nothing to do with a book get a sig certified on that book. This isn't to say that it hasn't happened - I have no idea. But the established policy is not to allow people to just willy-nilly sign stuff.

How tenuous can the connection between otherwise non-related creator and book be? For instance, say for some reason Don Rosa decided that he loves Signature Series now and will sign anything. A Scrooge fan says, "I think I would like Rosa to sign some Carl Barks Duck books from which Rosa drew inspiration for many of his stories." Would CGC allow Rosa to then sign a Scrooge book he didn't work on from before his time?

I think that would be fine. It is like letting people sign books that have characters they created in them and whatnot. Realistically, if the person is a comic professional, then CGC is not going to care. It is the concept that "anyone can sign anything" as long as it is in front of a witness that is wrong. Regular people cannot get SS'd (absent CGC specifically allowing it.).

I have really thought long and hard about getting Stan Lee to sign a Walking Dead 88 Canada Expo variant and see if he will sketch a zombie cockroach on it. Sure I would be throwing money away but if CGC would SS slab that it would be worth it.

:)

Thanks brother, I was nervous he wouldn't sign this but glad when I got it back. My plan is to add Tony Moore to this one so we'll see what happens

Did he sign that in silver or white? I cannot tell from the photo. My batch that was signed at the same time yours was had one, ASM 300 9.8, that he did in a white paint marker. I sent DWC a gold marker that he did the rest in but insisted on that one being done in white.

Thanks brother, I was nervous he wouldn't sign this but glad when I got it back. My plan is to add Tony Moore to this one so we'll see what happens

Did he sign that in silver or white? I cannot tell from the photo. My batch that was signed at the same time yours was had one, ASM 300 9.8, that he did in a white paint marker. I sent DWC a gold marker that he did the rest in but insisted on that one being done in white.

I heard that he is the "Decider" when it comes to the color of the ink!