• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need help identifying comic and price range for it :)

12 posts in this topic

Could be worth as much as $1.10 I think retail...

I found that page. It's all well and good, but Zen had only a short-lived success in the 90's. People don't care about the character anymore and other than the novelty of buying it from the publisher, the book lost value as soon as you walked away from their table. It's like buying a new car. As soon as you drive off the lot, it's devalued. The only difference is that a car holds value better than a comic that has no followers.

I'm not even saying you were cheated unless the coerced you into buying something you didn't want. The price had to be what it was to cover printing and handling costs. Many comics these days are virtually worthless within weeks of being released.

DG

Thank you and I appreciate your honesty and helpfulness thank you everyone, Would you think it would be worth more if i had a certain person sign it?>

I don't think a signature would add any value. Many collectors look at a signature as a defect. If they actually want a signature on their comic, they'd also want to be confident it's real. The only accepted proof that a signature is real would be if you had the CGC witness the signing and paid a grading fee for a signature series label. The cost to do that for this comic isn't worth it. Since you already own it, it's too late to do that. I think the only signature that might have value is that of Sam Keith. I don't know anyone really looking for his autograph, but there might be somebody.

It's possible that the creator could really market the character and build a fan base again, but it's very unlikely. The character has been in enough comics that all this has going for it is the 3D novelty of it all. It's like going to the mall and seeing someone wearing a Santa hat while they shop during the Christmas season. It doesn't put money in your pocket, but you might think "hey, that's pretty cool to see."

DG