• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting Sale

8 posts in this topic

Looks Very Familiar

I was looking on ComicLink today for any new Western Comics for sale and came across a nice 9.0 copy of issue #15 for just $180. The listing was posted on November 30th of this year (a little over 2 weeks ago). If I didn't already own the comic I would definitely pick it up. And when I say I OWN it I don't mean I own AN issue #15 of Western Comics. I mean I OWN this precise issue and have owned it since September of 2011. It is the same Davis Crippen pedigree issue with the same certification number. Even the image is the same. I even pulled on the comic to confirm it.

I wonder what I get it I purchase it.

See more journals by David Swan

Looks Very Familiar

I was looking on ComicLink today for any new Western Comics for sale and came across a nice 9.0 copy of issue #15 for just $180. The listing was posted on November 30th of this year (a little over 2 weeks ago). If I didn't already own the comic I would definitely pick it up. And when I say I OWN it I don't mean I own AN issue #15 of Western Comics. I mean I OWN this precise issue and have owned it since September of 2011. It is the same Davis Crippen pedigree issue with the same certification number. Even the image is the same. I even pulled on the comic to confirm it.

I wonder what I get it I purchase it.

See more journals by David Swan

I'd contact Comiclink and ask what's going on.

What is comiclinks model for this stuff?

They list a book they dont have in hand right?

Its still with the consignor right?

So the seller signs an agreement with CLink to have them list a book, then the seller provides an image of that book, is that right?

I assumed as much since image quality varies on CLink (scans, photos, angles, resolution, size etc).

Wonder if there is any validation by CLink when they agree to sell a book to confirm that the seller actually has the book in question...

To anyone curious it sounds like it was just a clerical error that happens when selling a large volume of material. Don't want anyone to think less of ComicLink because I find the site a very valuable source of comics. More than anything I found it amusing to see a comic I own up for sale.

I can't imagine that someone trying a scam here, or at least someone who knows what they are doing. Since Clink serves as the middleman in the transaction both the book and the money have to be in their hands before anyone gets paid. So if the seller can't produce the book then they don't get any money.

My bet is either a stock image they "borrowed" for a similar copy of the book, or a clerical error.