• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blood is the Harvest Rare Black and White Version

50 posts in this topic

From the Estate of my friend Stew Silver

I framed it and it now has a place in my Cold War collection. Fantastic piece of Canadian Cold War Era memorabilia. :cloud9:

photo_zps5bbd0255.jpg

Great piece! (Choosing between getting hit by the bomb and spending time stuck in a bomb shelter with the girl shown running would not have been easy. :D )

A beautiful addition to my cold war collection. An absolutely pristine copy of the rare H-Bomb and You. The glare is just that: reflection from the mylar it is encased in. A perfect copy :cloud9:

HBombandYou_zpsf845b032.jpg

Love that book. Malcolm Ater Jr. was selling some high grade copies. I purchased one that graded 8.5. Is this book from his cache?

A beautiful addition to my cold war collection. An absolutely pristine copy of the rare H-Bomb and You. The glare is just that: reflection from the mylar it is encased in. A perfect copy :cloud9:

HBombandYou_zpsf845b032.jpg

The B & W copy of Blood is the Harvest with the hand numbered pages was authentic and was sold on Ebay I believe sometime in 2012 by Dave Anderson (the Dentist), for $1700.00 USD at auction end.

Note: That particular copy of Blood is the Harvest that was auctioned off was hand-numbered by somebody during its life. My copy, as well as Mark Zaid's copy, are NOT hand numbered.

From the Estate of my friend Stew Silver

I framed it and it now has a place in my Cold War collection. Fantastic piece of Canadian Cold War Era memorabilia. :cloud9:

photo_zps5bbd0255.jpg

I wanted to add another Cold War Era book to the list from the Canadian Government, well military anyway.

EPSON001_zps0e40bf53.jpg

Sorry that it's not Gold being printed in March 1961

My Cold War Grail just arrived! :whee:

The exceedingly rare black and white copy of Blood is the Harvest (only 5 known copies extant) Thanks Sparkle City (thumbs u

HarvestFC.jpg

HarvestBC.jpg

Actively seeking the minature Black and White Catechetical Guild Anti-Communist books (ie. If the Devil Would Talk and The Red Iceberg)

Great collection. I have many of those books to include the CGC graded Canadian version of "Is This Tomorrow"; however, I don't have the book under "Joe Worker". What is the title?

Joe worker and the story of labor. Commercial comics, 1948.

Link to public domain online comic.

You can find a great resource for anti commie books on mark zaid's esquire comics website. I used it to develop my own collection.

David

148590.jpg.49a0ace95308c50e3a466ce94d882776.jpg

148591.jpg.88dad3adb913b34f86b162bcf5dabe6b.jpg