• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's my best forum option for comics up for trade?

10 posts in this topic

List it in the marketplace.

Here's the marketplace rule:

10. If posting a trading thread you must list a dollar value price for the book that you WILL accept in TRADE VALUE, and you MUST put "TRADE ONLY" in the title of your thread if you will not accept money.

So list the book, state the $ amount book you are looking to trade for (also know as what you value your book at), and you should be explicit that you want trade offers per PM (unless you want to do it all in the thread.. which would be entertaining...)

I'd make the subject:

WTT (want to trade) and the title of your book, and what you are looking for:

WTT: Planet #31 CGC 8.0 for GA CGC Key

or something like that.

List it in the marketplace.

Here's the marketplace rule:

10. If posting a trading thread you must list a dollar value price for the book that you WILL accept in TRADE VALUE, and you MUST put "TRADE ONLY" in the title of your thread if you will not accept money.

So list the book, state the $ amount book you are looking to trade for (also know as what you value your book at), and you should be explicit that you want trade offers per PM (unless you want to do it all in the thread.. which would be entertaining...)

I'd make the subject:

WTT (want to trade) and the title of your book, and what you are looking for:

WTT: Planet #31 CGC 8.0 for GA CGC Key

or something like that.

^^

I've got a trade thread going now. It is a slow process just so you know. I almost feel like it'd be faster to sell and then use the money. I just know if I do that then the money will go towards other things...

In most cases I do believe it is easier to do just that. For one, how do you determine trade value that is fair to both? How do you trade for what you are looking for? It might simply be easier to sell it and put the money towards what you are looking for.

I've got a trade thread going now. It is a slow process just so you know. I almost feel like it'd be faster to sell and then use the money. I just know if I do that then the money will go towards other things...

In most cases I do believe it is easier to do just that. For one, how do you determine trade value that is fair to both? How do you trade for what you are looking for? It might simply be easier to sell it and put the money towards what you are looking for.

+1 Who knows? You might even end up with a little left over for something else. 2c

It seems like both the WTB and sales forums can handle trades.

I'd say if you're looking to move one particular book out of your collection, then use the sales forums and be prepared to get a variety of books offered in exchange for yours.

If you've got one particular goal book that want to acquire and would rather trade than pay cash for the full purchase price, then use the WTB forum.

2c