• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SA HG GREEN LANTERNS

37 posts in this topic

check out Pedigree Comics next week for the sale of 3 early issues of the SA Hal Jordan Green Lanterns.

they will be my original purchases from SIDS Luncheonette in Orange NJ from 1962.

issues will be numbers 11, 13 & 16. all are CGC graded at 9.2 with ow/w pgs.

issue # 13 contains one of the first DC SA cross-overs as the flash joins in. # 16 introduces and contains the origin of Star Sapphire.

i've been looking for these in HG on a bunch of sites and they just don't appear to be for sale anywhere. perhaps because there is only 1 ea higher graded book for #'s 11 & 16 and just 2 for #13. (and one of the # 13 9.4's sold for $2500+).

hoping there must be some interest in these among the SA DC fans out there?!?! grin.gif

Burnt,

Nice books. How do you price comics when there is no recent sales activity to guage it against? These should go very quickly. thumbsup2.gif

good point tongue.gif

there's almost nothing to go by except a few CGC sales that are mostly a year and a half old. and i'd be only guessing at the page quality of any of those. i'll keep looking, but suspect that i'll just take a crack at it given the fact that they do seem to be truly scarce in HG confused.gif

AND, of course, i must factor in the announced movie plans starring the INCREDIBLY talented Jack Black frown.gif

Tripps knows very little about DC's.... grin.gif

Bob Storms has a really nice 9.20 of Green Lantern 26 on sale for 350 dollars .

Off White to White pages , he is holding it for me .

thanks for the input............i think that's a super price based on the fact that the only tracked copy i can find in 9.2 sold for $345 17 months ago!!!!!!

the 11 has sold for a bit more than that, the 13 has sold for $600 and the 16 (for some reason) recently went for $800........the $2500 sale price for the 13 really is mystifying and points out the huge potential disparity between 9.2's and 9.4's. hard to believe that the book is worth 4X's it's 9.2 brethren.......... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Mr. Burnt,

Don't know how much this helps (if any), but:

Back in early June I sold 3 GLs to Ed Silva for $1000; all 9.4's- #58 WH, #45 OWW, #35 OWW. Consequently, he turned around & re-listed them this month, making me think I under-sold them though I did thorough research (as little as there was). He ended the #45 at $242, and the #35 he sold as a combo deal with #34 for $699 (a re-list after it failed to meet reserve at $810???). So either his attempts at flipping didn't pan out, or he's just trying to maintain an image of having "the best graded there is."

Long story short (too late), make the price relative to surrounding issues & add a percentage based on additional premiums (guest star-cross/over, 1st app, top grade, low census, etc). Don't be afraid to tack on a little extra to the initial listing; you can always knock the price down on the re-list -which refunds the fee if it sells- plus the exposure itself may/should get you offers. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Rick

thanks to Bill and JLA for their insights. i'll do my best. if they're set too high, the "market" (gotta be careful here in case bob storms sees this, hence the quotes) will bring them down based on "bids".

i'm kind of surprised at the considerable lower level of interest that 9.2's seem to have then their 9.4 counterparts. considering that there may be no difference between the actual copies, the price differential is amazing............ 893whatthe.gif

i'm kind of surprised at the considerable lower level of interest that 9.2's seem to have then their 9.4 counterparts. considering that there may be no difference between the actual copies, the price differential is amazing............

Double at a minimum. That's why I buy a lot more 9.0 and 9.2 then 9.4's. While in general, 9.4's are NICER than 9.0-9.2's, it's not like 9.0-9.2's look BAD. They look great but have one or two more strees lines or the smallest of corner creases.

I really believe the market will adjust to this over time.

check out Pedigree Comics next week for the sale of 3 early issues of the SA Hal Jordan Green Lanterns.

they will be my original purchases from SIDS Luncheonette in Orange NJ from 1962.

issues will be numbers 11, 13 & 16. all are CGC graded at 9.2 with ow/w pgs.

i've been looking for these in HG on a bunch of sites and they just don't appear to be for sale anywhere. perhaps because there is only 1 ea higher graded book for #'s 11 & 16 and just 2 for #13. (and one of the # 13 9.4's sold for $2500+).

Hi Harry, these issues are incredibly hard to find in HG. GL 1-10 is just flat out impossible. If you`re looking for some sales data to use as a reference in pricing your books, perhaps I can be of assistance, as I happen to know the particulars of the transactions involving the higher graded copies of these particular issues:

GL #11 CGC 9.4.....$1400........2002

GL #13 CGC 9.4.....$2530........2003

GL #16 CGC 9.6.....$2075........2004

Also, a few early GLs in 9.2 were sold on eBay recently. While not the same issues, perhaps the multiples will provide you with some further reference points in pricing your books:

GL #6 CGC 9.2....$1200 (2.4X)

GL #10 CGC 9.2...$1061 (2.9X)

thanks - that's very helpful. thumbsup2.gif would that my 1-10 run could match up to the later books but they're all in the 5.0 to 8.5 category. suspect that some of the later books #20 - 30 will grade out at 9.4 but we'll see.............

Price your books reasonably and I can assure you they`ll move. thumbsup2.gif The only issue is whether Tripps` site will maximize exposure for your DCs. It`s definitely nirvana for Marvel collectors, but most DC collectors hardly check it out.

Yeah, I thought Pedigree Comics didn't even carry DC comics? I read that somewhere on the site. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

"With the opening of Pedigree Comics, Doug wishes to share and extend his love and passion of Marvel Comics to every collector and dealer in the hobby. As such, this website is unique to the industry, offering everyone a chance to buy, consign or sell only ultra high grade, CGC certified, Marvel Silver, Bronze and Copper age comics and magazines."

Yeah, I thought Pedigree Comics didn't even carry DC comics? I read that somewhere on the site. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

"With the opening of Pedigree Comics, Doug wishes to share and extend his love and passion of Marvel Comics to every collector and dealer in the hobby. As such, this website is unique to the industry, offering everyone a chance to buy, consign or sell only ultra high grade, CGC certified, Marvel Silver, Bronze and Copper age comics and magazines."

I remember Doug saying that he didn't collect DC Comics (can you blame him) but I don't remember him saying that he wouldn't sell them?

They do now, along with GK and Dell. But still very Marvel-centric.

I remember Doug saying that he didn't collect DC Comics (can you blame him) but I don't remember him saying that he wouldn't sell them?

Once again:

"As such, this website is unique to the industry, offering everyone a chance to buy, consign or sell only ultra high grade, CGC certified, Marvel Silver, Bronze and Copper age comics and magazines."

"Since Pedigree Comics only deals in Marvel comics and magazines from these eras, I will not comment on any other segment of the comic book market."

But I guess money talks and money walks.

Once again:

"As such, this website is unique to the industry, offering everyone a chance to buy, consign or sell only ultra high grade, CGC certified, Marvel Silver, Bronze and Copper age comics and magazines."

"Since Pedigree Comics only deals in Marvel comics and magazines from these eras, I will not comment on any other segment of the comic book market."

But I guess money talks and money walks.

JC is correct regarding how the site started out just 6 weeks ago. but sometimes things change rather quickly.

and doug doesn't own any DC's to the best of my knowledge.

but he's had that B&B 34 up there for about two weeks now on consignment, and is looking to expand his offerings beyond Marvels although that's where the site will continue to focus.

good point about the potential limited exposure - but we'll see how it goes..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

i'm bumping this because the books may get posted tonight on the Pedigree website.

Kudos to the USPS - i handed them off the the postmistress in western NJ yesterday at 9:00am and Doug PM'd me to say that they arrived at his home in this mornings mail!!! admittedly, these were sent registered insured mail (along with two recent ASM sales), but 24 hour service kicks butt!!!!!

look for more SA DC pics in the general section this week.............not sure which books i'll be posting yet........ grin.gif