• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SA HG GREEN LANTERNS

37 posts in this topic

Mr. Burnt,

Don't know how much this helps (if any), but:

Back in early June I sold 3 GLs to Ed Silva for $1000; all 9.4's- #58 WH, #45 OWW, #35 OWW. Consequently, he turned around & re-listed them this month, making me think I under-sold them though I did thorough research (as little as there was). He ended the #45 at $242, and the #35 he sold as a combo deal with #34 for $699 (a re-list after it failed to meet reserve at $810???). So either his attempts at flipping didn't pan out, or he's just trying to maintain an image of having "the best graded there is."

Long story short (too late), make the price relative to surrounding issues & add a percentage based on additional premiums (guest star-cross/over, 1st app, top grade, low census, etc). Don't be afraid to tack on a little extra to the initial listing; you can always knock the price down on the re-list -which refunds the fee if it sells- plus the exposure itself may/should get you offers. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Rick

well, we have one quick response to the auction. the GL #13 got a $1000 bid, sometime during the first night it was listed.

the bid that showed up this am for the GL #11 was placed in error and has been corrected 893frustrated.gif

we'll see what the "Market" says grin.gif

I remember Doug saying that he didn't collect DC Comics (can you blame him) but I don't remember him saying that he wouldn't sell them?

Once again:

"As such, this website is unique to the industry, offering everyone a chance to buy, consign or sell only ultra high grade, CGC certified, Marvel Silver, Bronze and Copper age comics and magazines."

"Since Pedigree Comics only deals in Marvel comics and magazines from these eras, I will not comment on any other segment of the comic book market."

But I guess money talks and money walks.

confused-smiley-013.gif

I see you got a $10 bid on the GL #16. 893whatthe.gif

Well, are you going to take it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Just joking, good luck and great books!!!! thumbsup2.gif

yeh, and then it was raised to $15.00!!!!!!

actually, it's the web designer continuing to tweak the system in order to send sellers automated notifications upon the receipt of bids. still refining things in the early stages.

so, the good news is that the 10/15 dollar bids were only tests.

actually, it's the web designer continuing to tweak the system in order to send sellers automated notifications upon the receipt of bids. still refining things in the early stages.

If it will make you feel better, I'll put in a $20 bid. devil.gif

If it will make you feel better, I'll put in a $20 bid. devil.gif

well, you had better buy these now because as soon as the DC Collectors out there learn the news that Jack Black will NOT star as green lantern, these will be gone in a heartbeat. devil.gif

well, you had better buy these now because as soon as the DC Collectors out there learn the news that Jack Black will NOT star as green lantern, these will be gone in a heartbeat.

27_laughing.gifsign-funnypost.gif I may have to buy them just for that comment....oh yeah and because I want to start collecting High Grade DC's

Eric

well, you had better buy these now because as soon as the DC Collectors out there learn the news that Jack Black will NOT star as green lantern, these will be gone in a heartbeat.

27_laughing.gifsign-funnypost.gif I may have to buy them just for that comment....oh yeah and because I want to start collecting High Grade DC's

Eric

BB's copies are a good place to start, because the higher graded copies of those issues are locked up tight in a land far far away.

thanks to Bill and JLA for their insights. i'll do my best. if they're set too high, the "market" (gotta be careful here in case bob storms sees this, hence the quotes) will bring them down based on "bids".

i'm kind of surprised at the considerable lower level of interest that 9.2's seem to have then their 9.4 counterparts. considering that there may be no difference between the actual copies, the price differential is amazing............ 893whatthe.gif

I'm starting to see a trend that even 9.2 and 9.0 books are garnering much less interest, and even 9.4 prices levelling off some. If the book is rare in grade though, you'll have no problem.

thanks to Bill and JLA for their insights. i'll do my best. if they're set too high, the "market" (gotta be careful here in case bob storms sees this, hence the quotes) will bring them down based on "bids".

i'm kind of surprised at the considerable lower level of interest that 9.2's seem to have then their 9.4 counterparts. considering that there may be no difference between the actual copies, the price differential is amazing............ 893whatthe.gif

I'm starting to see a trend that even 9.2 and 9.0 books are garnering much less interest, and even 9.4 prices levelling off some. If the book is rare in grade though, you'll have no problem.

Man, you guys have a pretty high standard for what qualifies as "interest". Multiples of 2.6 to 2.9X Guide for Comicdave's 9.2 early GLs on eBay don't constitute "interest"? How about SNE's 9.0 B&B 30 on eBay, which received a 1.7X multiple of the OS 9.2 price?

Of course if a book has plenty of 9.4 or better copies, then 9.0s and 9.2s of that issue are not going to command as high a multiple. But with most early SA DCs, currently there is only one or often no copies in 9.4 or better, with the result being some pretty spirited prices being paid for 9.0s and 9.2s of those issues, as evidenced by the above auctions and the prices paid at the Heritage April and June auctions. I WISH there was no interest, because the run up in prices is really bumming me out.

Man, you guys have a pretty high standard for what qualifies as "interest". Multiples of 2.6 to 2.9X Guide for Comicdave's 9.2 early GLs on eBay don't constitute "interest"? How about SNE's 9.0 B&B 30 on eBay, which received a 1.7X multiple of the OS 9.2 price?

Of course if a book has plenty of 9.4 or better copies, then 9.0s and 9.2s of that issue are not going to command as high a multiple. But with most early SA DCs, currently there is only one or often no copies in 9.4 or better, with the result being some pretty spirited prices being paid for 9.0s and 9.2s of those issues, as evidenced by the above auctions and the prices paid at the Heritage April and June auctions. I WISH there was no interest, because the run up in prices is really bumming me out.

i couldn't find the referenced SA GL E-bay auctions. how long ago were they?

if the data's not available can you remember what a few of them were, grade and price??

thanks much......... thumbsup2.gif

Harry:

The one thing to remember is that if you have books that are truly HARD TO FIND (which the Green Lantern's qualify), then it makes sense to price the books high and WAIT for a buyer to come along (at or near your price). Most dealers will tell you the reason some of their books are priced so high, is that they can't get another copy. Therefore, they are willing to wait years to get the price they want, then sell the book at a 20-30% discount today.

Therefore, if you just want to make some sales (to get money so your wife doesn't have to work as hard mad.gif), you might want to consider selling some of the more common books in your collectiion (and just price them at or slightly below market value to get a quick sale).

Said another way, price the hard to come by books HIGH, and let the market come to you.

Just my opinion.

Harry:

The one thing to remember is that if you have books that are truly HARD TO FIND (which the Green Lantern's qualify), then it makes sense to price the books high and WAIT for a buyer to come along (at or near your price). Most dealers will tell you the reason some of their books are priced so high, is that they can't get another copy. Therefore, they are willing to wait years to get the price they want, then sell the book at a 20-30% discount today.

Therefore, if you just want to make some sales (to get money so your wife doesn't have to work as hard mad.gif), you might want to consider selling some of the more common books in your collectiion (and just price them at or slightly below market value to get a quick sale).

Said another way, price the hard to come by books HIGH, and let the market come to you.

Just my opinion.

well, i got lot's of time and decent patience, so we'll see................

found those SA HG GL's that went last month on e-bay. great prices realized. the #8 in 9.2 had Cr/ow pgs, but the #10 in 9.2 had WHITE pgs. the latter went for $1400 and the former somewhere north of a grand........ 893scratchchin-thumb.gif