• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avenging Spiderman 15.1 and ASM 700 Leak onto Internet a week early

94 posts in this topic

Okay how do we know this is the TRUE leaked story? It could all be a ploy

Because Slott's taken to Twitter to defend it when the 4chan leak happened.

Could be part of the conspiracy :ohnoez:

I don't really believe that but who knows... (shrug)

I got a pirated copy and its all true

Pirates lie. :gossip:

We are brutaly honest but dont lie

Avast ye matey, batten down the hatches! :ohnoez:

ok i know that comic books thrive on the unbelievable and thats fine but man is this plot terrible. it's about as lame as it gets and completely uninteresting. Doc Ock is a great villain but noway do i wanna read a series where he actually is spider-man. Its too bad too cuz i really liked the art for superior

ok i know that comic books thrive on the unbelievable and thats fine but man is this plot terrible. it's about as lame as it gets and completely uninteresting. Doc Ock is a great villain but noway do i wanna read a series where he actually is spider-man. Its too bad too cuz i really liked the art for superior

It's as dumb as they come. As it has been said a million times it is all for sales. Hopefully it sells terribly.

ASM is a soap opera, a really bad one at that. I now know why I only read issues here and there, and couldn't ever read any run from the entire series.

JJJ's dad is married to Aunt May, Callie is the ex-best friend of Harry Osborn's ex-girlfriend, and MJ had her mind erased to forget she was ever married, etc, ad naseum.

I read ASM 698-700 and I'm not sure what everyone was expecting - it's the same ham-fisted, outlandishly coincidental stories that I am used to reading on ocassion in any Spider-man title. Every fan should be happy that they have maintained story quality consistency with the title.

ASM is a soap opera, a really bad one at that. I now know why I only read issues here and there, and couldn't ever read any run from the entire series.

JJJ's dad is married to Aunt May, Callie is the ex-best friend of Harry Osborn's ex-girlfriend, and MJ had her mind erased to forget she was ever married, etc, ad naseum.

I read ASM 698-700 and I'm not sure what everyone was expecting - it's the same ham-fisted, outlandishly coincidental stories that I am used to reading on ocassion in any Spider-man title. Every fan should be happy that they have maintained story quality consistency with the title.

Am I the only one who finds that of the big three (Batman,Superman,Spider-Man) that Spider-Man has become the lamest?

Spider-Man was my favorite character,but he just doesn`t seem to have translated well these last 5 years.

Who is really looking forward to the next Spider-Man movie?

I find that the upcoming Ant-Man movie will be more intriguing.

So what happened to Spider-Man?

He use to be cool and hip, now he seems a parody of himself.

Am I the only one who finds that of the big three (Batman,Superman,Spider-Man) that Spider-Man has become the lamest?

Spider-Man was my favorite character,but he just doesn`t seem to have translated well these last 5 years.

Who is really looking forward to the next Spider-Man movie?

I find that the upcoming Ant-Man movie will be more intriguing.

It's almost as if Marvel is trying to ruin the character. :facepalm:

It isn't just this lame story line, either. The worst thing is that we know Parker will come back as Spider-Man. So this is all just a detour. We know they don't have the balls to kill Parker for good. Sure, they did it in the Ultimate title, but that's a whole different ball game. Maybe Marvel saw a sales spike with the story line and decided to do this?

Just imagine what current comic stories would be like if Superman had stayed dead and Batman's broken back hadn't been magically healed, or if comic companies started to care about putting out quality stories, not just "shockers" and new #1s to bump sales... hm

I respect Spidey for being the flagship character for Marvel, as well as his history and importance - but aside from being a 6-year old watching Electric Company, I have never been into Spider-man. As a teen and adult, I always gravitated to the X-Men titles.

It seems that with all the supporting cast, it allows the writers of the mutant titles to explore different aspects of society without trying to jam a bunch of relevant topics into one type of personality - like they do with Spider-man.

Got a real copy in my hands and yes it's true & very lame

Nothing is wrong with the character. What's wrong is the writers and editors who are utterly up the character.

It seems like these days interesting story telling involves getting more and more outrageous, tearing down what came before through retconning, and gratuitous character death.

Nothing is wrong with the character. What's wrong is the writers and editors who are utterly up the character.

It seems like these days interesting story telling involves getting more and more outrageous, tearing down what came before through retconning, and gratuitous character death.

and leaving a HUGE easy way to lead into Amazing Spiderman Reborn

Joe Q happened to Spider-man...

Classic lol