• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avenging Spiderman 15.1 and ASM 700 Leak onto Internet a week early

94 posts in this topic

Seems like a good jumping off point for all Marvel Titles

New X-Men is really pretty awesome. Have not been that excited about a month-to-month book like that since the mid-90s.

I noticed the cover is multiple images of spiderman/Venom. Is Venom even in the story? I was hoping he had come back and killed him or something instead of what really happened (Ock switching bodies???) Kinda weird to put Venom on the cover and it has nothing to do with him

Horible Anniversary cover!!!

Any old lady taking arts and crafts classes at the local Jo Ann Fabrics store could've come up with a Spider-man collage.

Especially with Spider-Man's great history of classic anniversary issue covers #100, #300, and #500, marvel couldn't get a classic cover by Todd McFarlane or another Spidey artist for this event?

Poor choice Marvel. This being the last issue of the title, or at least that's how it is advertised Marvel should've had variants by the great Spidey artist that will work for Marvel. Mark Bagley, J. Scott Campbell, Marcos Martin, Todd McFarlane(Maybe), Del'Otto, and Humberto

Instead fans get a generic collage variant, a cover by Coipel who's never done interiors on a Spidey book, Joe Quesada who is more known for One More Day than his art at this point, and a unused Ditko cover.

Bad form, bad form.

There are Campbell and Ramos variants.

ASM is a soap opera, a really bad one at that. I now know why I only read issues here and there, and couldn't ever read any run from the entire series.

JJJ's dad is married to Aunt May, Callie is the ex-best friend of Harry Osborn's ex-girlfriend, and MJ had her mind erased to forget she was ever married, etc, ad naseum.

I read ASM 698-700 and I'm not sure what everyone was expecting - it's the same ham-fisted, outlandishly coincidental stories that I am used to reading on ocassion in any Spider-man title. Every fan should be happy that they have maintained story quality consistency with the title.

Am I the only one who finds that of the big three (Batman,Superman,Spider-Man) that Spider-Man has become the lamest?

It's all Humberto Ramos' fault.

So does this mean that there will be a one-shot featuring a menage with MJ and Aunt May?

Don't give Dan Slott any ideas...

Only if J Michael Stramoronski was still writing it.

lol I have to laugh because that is exactly when I dropped ASM, when they revealed the whole Norman/Gwen/twin kids plotline. I've never looked back...

New X-Men is really pretty awesome. Have not been that excited about a month-to-month book like that since the mid-90s.

Isn't that the title where they time-travel and bring the Original X-Men from 1963 to the present? :sick: At least Bachalo isn't drawing that title.

CR*P :frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated:

Isn't that the title where they time-travel and bring the Original X-Men from 1963 to the present? :sick: At least Bachalo isn't drawing that title.

I know - sounds reeeeeeal sketchy. I was very skeptical because it sounded like an idlotic idea. However, it's turned out to be a really cool read. They handled the idea very well, IMHO.

So does this mean that there will be a one-shot featuring a menage with MJ and Aunt May?

Don't give Dan Slott any ideas...

Only if J Michael Stramoronski was still writing it.

lol I have to laugh because that is exactly when I dropped ASM, when they revealed the whole Norman/Gwen/twin kids plotline. I've never looked back...

And no editor stepped in and said 'hey, wait a minute, this is completely inconsistent with Spider-Man history'. :facepalm:

ASM was very lucky to have John Romita Sr. Involved with the title in some capacity for almost 20+ years because he understood the character and pacing of the book better than anyone.

As he wound down his career at Marvel, the book was lucky to have Roger Stern and Tom DeFalco who carried on that understanding of the character and keep it relevant, but it's important to note that JRSR was still on hand during that time to give guidance and make art corrections.

Then somewhere in editorial they couldn't figure out how to end the Hobgoblin storyline efficiently, JRSR was less and less involved and they made one mistake after another leading to where it is today: a big mess.