• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Val Mayerik Portland Wizard World Sketch Opp

40 posts in this topic

CGC Collectors!

I am happy to announce a sketch opportunity with Howard the Duck creator and Mercenary Art Studio artist Val Mayerik! Val's work includes cover for Marvel Age, Punisher and many more.

Books will be finished and submitted to CGC at the Portland Wizard World Show: http://www.wizardworld.com/home-portland.html on the last weekend in Feb. 2013. This allows a lot of time for everyone to get on board who would like to.

A excerpt from his comic book database bio: http://comicbookdb.com/creator.php?ID=1895

Mayerik became the regular artist of the swamp-monster feature "Man-Thing" in Fear #13 (April 1973). Six issues later, he and writer Steve Gerber introduced Howard the Duck. Initially a minor supporting character intended only for an issue or two, the anthropomorphic waterfowl — bedecked in suit and tie as a parody of funny animal ducks, except for his cigar-smoking and his angry, ascerbic wit — Howard eventually became a star character with his own satiric series, penciled first by Frank Brunner and then Gene Colan. The character shortly afterward became a mainstream pop-culture figu

Signatures will be $55 standard modern and $65 for modern fast-track this includes all shipping and CGC fees.

Message me for Economy pricing.

Sketch Covers (Prices include all fees and shipping)

$150 for spot color

Message me for complicated requests and oil / acrylic paintings.

Add $10 for fast-track.

This is an example of one of the $150 type sketches.

1_zps468b9350.jpg

VM1HowardConan.jpg

VM2Howard.jpg

VM5HowardSupermanSketchCover.jpg

VM19Man-Thing_zpsa061bb23.jpg

More complicated Acrylic painted covers:

2_zps90ef74a6.jpg

VM16ManThingPainting.jpg

Thank you sir, I am going to send some covers over to Val soon so he can start on the list :D

These should be awesome!

Side note acrylic painted covers run around $350-400. They are worth it if you have not seen what he can do with paint just google some of his marvel covers / fantasy stuff.

I will be sending out PM's and invoices for these books tomorrow. I would like to get the blanks to Val by next week so he can knock out the first list before the show.

There is a few painted covers and those will take more time so please get your book ready to mail to me if you are sending one and look for me to contact you by the end of the day tomorrow.

-Jake