• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
39 39

11,726 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

I know some dislike Divad's boasting and grading tactics. But if you go past that you do, on occasion, get a reflection of books that are desired by collectors which are not necessarily key or hyped

divad's grading is often off a bit, but it's not off by as much as many eBay sellers'.  Also, he does post a big scan...

8 hours ago, divad said:

Indeed, if you do your homework on CGC'd sales you'll see the demand is there for higher grade copies of this issue. :)

I agree completely, but the only argument I would have is you are showing a small amount of sales. I realize this works
for you as well, but not an entire viewpoint of the market.

Had you shown me say 5 sales at certain level I would wholeheartedly agree. In fact I would rush out tomorrow to buy
some, but showing me one sale on account every few months doesn't give an accurate viewpoint. 

Nothing personal I am just trying to point out I would need more data points at that level to justify the price. 

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Had you shown me say 5 sales at certain level I would wholeheartedly agree. In fact I would rush out tomorrow to buy
some

Had you rushed out to buy some and listed them, he likely wouldn’t be getting $75 sales of Spider-Woman #2. Sometimes, selling what no one else is can be a solid strategy in itself.

On 7/5/2019 at 5:45 PM, 1Cool said:

How are you not a millionaire at this point.  I can’t sell those for a 10th if those amounts.

piker, i got $4 for my What If #13.  4/56 = hm, lets see, carry the 1, four into 16 is 4, 1/14th, never mind.

So what are the Atlas Seaboard comics that have picked up in value and interest after lo these many decades of neglect, now that Paramount may be planning to develop their characters for movies?

Edited by namisgr

3 minutes ago, Hduar008 said:

Do you think Green Lantern 87 is worth investing in now that they're planning to do a John Stewart/Hal Jordan Lethal Weapon esque movie in the coming years? 

Seem like a sound bet especially since it has a great Neal Adams cover and hard to find in higher grades.  i wouldn't bet the farm on it but I've heard worse speculation buys.

3 hours ago, Hduar008 said:

Do you think Green Lantern 87 is worth investing in now that they're planning to do a John Stewart/Hal Jordan Lethal Weapon esque movie in the coming years? 

When was this movie announced and where? A buddy movie might work but a smarter move I feel is if you open it up with more of a space opera like Star Wars or Guardians. Still if it is happening then I feel 87 would shoot up in value quickly. Stewart is a major player cause of the cartoons.

2 hours ago, Grib said:

When was this movie announced and where? A buddy movie might work but a smarter move I feel is if you open it up with more of a space opera like Star Wars or Guardians. Still if it is happening then I feel 87 would shoot up in value quickly. Stewart is a major player cause of the cartoons.

maybe this? last week  https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/john-stewart-will-lead-dceus-green-lantern-franchise/  

or maybe this? : two and a half years ago  https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/green-lantern-corps-john-stewart-could-shake-up-dc-movie-universe-963924

its WB, prepare to be disappointed

On 7/13/2019 at 2:55 PM, namisgr said:

So what are the Atlas Seaboard comics that have picked up in value and interest after lo these many decades of neglect, now that Paramount may be planning to develop their characters for movies?

Been holding on to a couple high grade sets for decades. So far fools gold. 

What is going on - 10 copies of Eternals Annual 1 fly off the shelves today.  Usually means something is brewing.

41 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

What is going on - 10 copies of Eternals Annual 1 fly off the shelves today.  Usually means something is brewing.

First appearance of Tutinax and Zakka? Who knows. What about Thor Annual 7 and Quasar 12?